Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Iso good place for eyebrow threading

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:27 am
Update, not going there but need a new place to go. Any recommendations?

Original post, paraphrased and abridged:
I get my eyebrows done by a Muslim lady (Nabila, s and coney). Should I continue going to her now and risk supporting an antisemite?
Consensus was no.

jflower

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:31 am
Is there only one place in all of Flatbush that does eyebrow threading? Find another place. How about Haeisha on avenue M?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:36 am
jflower wrote:
Is there only one place in all of Flatbush that does eyebrow threading? Find another place. How about Haeisha on avenue M?

Im not familiar and don't know if they do threading, and even if they do, almost everyone I've ever done to ruins my brows and it takes months to grow them back in. (Again if you have basically straight brows, in a relatively light color, it's not the same as very bushy brows that have to be shaped.)

I've tried so many places, even the ones that specialize in shaping, and it's hard to find someone that does it right. I've used her consistently for 10+ years and it absolutely gets ruined whenever I haven't been able to get to her.

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:42 am
So honestly why are you asking … if you want to use her so badly go if you don’t want to support a Muslim then don’t go. Most people would say support a Jew , there are plenty of israeli and or frum people in Brooklyn who can do eyebrows.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:46 am
amother Acacia wrote:
So honestly why are you asking … if you want to use her so badly go if you don’t want to support a Muslim then don’t go. Most people would say support a Jew , there are plenty of israeli and or frum people in Brooklyn who can do eyebrows.

Asking if anyone has used her since succos. And if she's been normal and nice, not anti semitic. Not every Muslim is.

Cheiny

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:48 am
amother OP wrote:
Sorry for all the key words in the subject line.
I get my eyebrows threaded by Nabila on ave S and coney. She's Muslim (kashmere maybe, on the border of Pakistan and india), always in Indian traditional dress (not hijab, but she's def Muslim), and she often has lots of her community there. The other girls who work there do where hijab.

I'm really nervous to go to her! I don't want to be confronted. And I don't want to look like I'm sympathetic if I stay quiet. And I certainly don't want to give money to a business that supports jihad.

Does anyone use her? Thoughts?

ETA, I desperately need to go. At this point I basically have a thick unibrow caterpillar lol. It's not like I can indefinitely push it off, nor can I get them done elsewhere without ruining them. (I know some people will chime in that they don't understand this, they've never done their eyebrows, etc. And to that all I can say is all facial hair is not created equal. It's not a good look on me.)

You will indeed be giving money to a place whose employees, at the very least, no doubt support hamas.

I’d look for a new place.

Cheiny

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:49 am
amother OP wrote:
Asking if anyone has used her since succos. And if she's been normal and nice, not anti semitic. Not every Muslim is.

Just because she’s acting “normal and nice” to the customers who pay her, does not mean anything.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:53 am
Ok. I guess I was in denial. I'm all over Twitter and Instagram being a keyboard warrior and making myself sick with each new information and video and denying this somehow.

Onward.

Recommendations for excellent eyebrow threading, Jewish places, on Brooklyn?

Preferably walk in and normal prices.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 5:05 pm
Bump. Recommendations?

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 5:53 pm
I go to someone Indian she is not Jewish but I had a
Good experience with her her name is
Nabeliah she is on ave s between coney and 12th

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 6:36 pm
they're on every block near my office. just pick one and be happy

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 8:22 pm
Who were u going to? I have same issue, person I go to is by ave U

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:08 pm
1 (718) 513-0929
Here's her number
Ave s and coney
Nabelah

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:22 pm
amother Amethyst wrote:
1 (718) 513-0929
Here's her number
Ave s and coney
Nabelah

She's literally the person I started the thread about. Maybe I shouldn't have changed my op. The original name of the thread was "Nabila, s and coney"

She's a Muslim, as are all of her workers. I don't know if I should go to her. All the posts before I changed the op were vehement that it's wrong to support her at this time, and I hear it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:23 pm
amother Amethyst wrote:
I go to someone Indian she is not Jewish but I had a
Good experience with her her name is
Nabeliah she is on ave s between coney and 12th

Literally the person I started the thread about. Nabila is a Muslim, not Hindu. She's Pakistani.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:24 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
they're on every block near my office. just pick one and be happy

Super unhelpful. They're my eyebrows, they're literally front and center of my face and they make a huge difference in my appearance. If you can't relate move on.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:30 pm
I went to a nail salon with eyebrow threading years ago on coney Island and corner of J. I was happy there, but again, I haven't been there in like 5 years.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 11:42 pm
I am not sure why I thought she was Indian..... am I crazy for saying I think you can still go there? It's a 10$ eyebrow threading and it's not like youre choosing to give her the business
Over a Jew it's just that there is no one else better then her you're going for her service not for her
Majority of her coustomerS are Jews...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 12:36 am
amother Amethyst wrote:
I am not sure why I thought she was Indian..... am I crazy for saying I think you can still go there? It's a 10$ eyebrow threading and it's not like youre choosing to give her the business
Over a Jew it's just that there is no one else better then her you're going for her service not for her
Majority of her coustomerS are Jews...

Fairly positive she's muslim, I've shmoozed with her and her daughter quite a bit. She's presumably sunni, not shiite which is more extreme. Hence the open hair and colorful shirtsleeved traditional clothing. I think she's from kashmere, which is a disputed land between Pakistan and India and there's a lot of overlap there.

I hear your reasoning and that's why I was also split between going and not...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries