Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Wig falling back

writinggirl

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 1:57 pm
My lace top wig falls back when I pull it into a half pony and my hairline shows. I have a velour wig grip and I tried hairspray but it doesn’t work and the wig still slips back from the weight of the pony. Any solutions?

peace2

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 2:05 pm
Velour wig grips wear out after a while. Try buying a fresh one and see if that helps
Also, I've heard people have success with making a little braid at the front of their hair and clipping the clips into that. It might be painful and prob tangles your hair but if you need it super secure like for a simcha that might be worth a try

Iymnok

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 2:07 pm
Use bobby pins or clips to hold the wig grip in place. Make sure to clip your sheitel well too.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 2:12 pm
Get a new wig grip with a silicone band. They keep wigs in place better and replace every couple if months.

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 2:29 pm
Try hairspray under the wig grip or wax stick. Acts like a glue that holds the wig griping place.
I had the same issue. Tried a few different wig grips but the hair spray/wax stick is what worked for me

writinggirl

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 3:33 pm
amother Babyblue wrote:
Get a new wig grip with a silicone band. They keep wigs in place better and replace every couple if months.

Can you link one?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels