Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
I’m thinking about moving to five towns

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 10:24 pm
We are young MO professionals with one baby. I think five towns is a good fit for us. Whst are the different areas and what is the difference between them?

amother
Electricblue

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 10:48 pm
I live in the five towns and love it. We are actually yeshivish. Dh is a rebbe. The five towns had a bad rep for being wealthy and snobby and obviously that element is here but there are plenty plenty of non wealthy people here and guess what, plenty of very wealthy people
Are very nice! The beautiful thing about here is that there is no judgement. The schools here all have a range of “types” and most blocks will have kids from all different schools all playing together.
If you are a MO young professional I would suggest north woodmere and cedarhurst.

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 9:22 am
I live in Cedarhurst. Check out the young israel of Lawrence cedarhurst

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 10:15 am
amother Dandelion wrote:
I live in Cedarhurst. Check out the young israel of Lawrence cedarhurst

Can you please tell me about it?

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 10:25 am
amother Electricblue wrote:
I live in the five towns and love it. We are actually yeshivish. Dh is a rebbe. The five towns had a bad rep for being wealthy and snobby and obviously that element is here but there are plenty plenty of non wealthy people here and guess what, plenty of very wealthy people
Are very nice! The beautiful thing about here is that there is no judgement. The schools here all have a range of “types” and most blocks will have kids from all different schools all playing together.
If you are a MO young professional I would suggest north woodmere and cedarhurst.

I agree with all of this. But north woodmere doesn’t have such a strong Mo presence. You might like woodmere better.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 6:45 pm
How are the schools and Shuls. Is there a community life?

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
Can you please tell me about it?

Sure I can try to tell you about the neighborhood. I suggested that shul because it has a modern orthodox crowd. I am not modern orthodox. I like it here. It has great schools. its defiantly a diverse community with all types.

amother
Clear

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 9:54 pm
What schools do you send your kids too. If your yeshivish.
and what type of crowd is North Woodmere

amother
Daphne

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 10:09 pm
What kind of schools are you thinking of sending to ? Single gender or coed ? If coed halb and haftr parent body live in Woodmere , back Lawrence, woodsburgh, single gender then Lawrence Cedarhurst Woodmere all have communities that would work.
Look into the modern orthodox shuls that seem your speed and look at the surrounding neighborhood.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 10:38 pm
Also thinking to move. Does anyone know of apartments near yeshiva area preferably or anywhere else?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries