Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Hand Soap Question

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 9:28 pm
I just put a bottle of hand soap by each of my kitchen sinks . I always used dishsoap as hand soap but decided to finally have hand soap for all who need.
My DH just saw it and said it’s a kashrus issue since the hand soap doesn’t have a hechsher and it can go over the dishes or pots in the sink making it a kashrus problem.
So what do people do ? What hand soap has a hechsher ? I was using Dial anti bacterial soap.
He said I could only use those in the bathroom.
Anybody have any insight into this, I didn’t even realize it needed a hechsher.

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 9:58 pm
The OU rules that dish soap does not need a hechsher. I use Dawn for dish soap which does have a hechsher but also have a bottle of hand soap next to it that doesn't have a hechsher. Never heard that this would be a problem and can imagine it's a strong chumrah.

singleagain

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 10:23 pm
We once had somebody put a dairy fork in the meat, dishwasher or meat fork in the dairy dishwasher. Whatever and the guy who did the mistake was all like. Oh no, I'm going to need to buy you a new dishwasher or new racks or new dishes or something

my dad ask the rabbi.. the rabbi asked if we put soap in the dishwasher. My father said yes and the rabbi said it was okay.

Soap is soap
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen