Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Trembling and high BPM when having a stomach episode- why?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 7:45 am
My preteen child had stomach pain / bathroom issue but it started with lots of shaking/trembling and high BPM on the pulse ox In the 150s. (No fever) I will be in touch with the Dr. But does anyone know what is going on? Is that "normal" to have high BPM and trembling when the body doesn't feel good?

ETA this happened twice. A few weeks apart. And one time she threw up and the other time she didn't.

amother
Daisy

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 7:48 am
Yes, it’s normal but constantly having stomach issues is not normal. She should see a gastroenterologist.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 7:50 am
When you are in pain you have a higher pulse. You also can tremble. Having such intense stomach pain is not. She shiuld see a GI dr.

amother
Blushpink

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 7:58 am
Sometimes this is associated with IBS.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 10:57 am
The trembling/high BP is happening already before the intense pain. The pain is not extreme this whole time. It went to a 10 on a scale of 10/10 pain for about a minute probably less but the trembling was before and after with praises but not during the peak. Still makes sense to happen? It happened twice now 2 or 3 weeks apart.
GI apt later this month for unrelated so I will definitely mention it.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 10:59 am
Going to edit to add, one of the times she ended up throwing up, the other time she did not. Does IBS ever cause throwing up? I know IBD can, but wondering if IBS does?

teachkids

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 11:39 am
Could it be a food allergy?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics