Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How to finance an addition on the house
Previous  1  2

amother
DarkCyan

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 7:35 pm
amother Aquamarine wrote:
I don't have what to add here but I'm wowed that your extension will cost you 500k. we are looking into a pretty large extension and not being so cheap will officially cost generously 350k

Wow! Where do you live? I have an extension I’d like to do in Jackson, and it’s not even that large, but it’s 3 stories, kitchen included and will cost me way over 500k (hence we’re not doing it now!)

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 7:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes, my home is worth 800k and I owe 450. I am dreaming of not refinancing because I don’t want to lose my current 3.25 interest rate.

Does fm home loans deal with construction loans and home equity loans at all or just financing and refinancing?

They do everything. Worth calling them. We were very happy bH

anon23

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 9:11 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
Use renofi.com.

We were told by our rav that this isn't ok.

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 9:53 pm
anon23 wrote:
We were told by our rav that this isn't ok.

Did he say why?

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 10:02 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:
Wow! Where do you live? I have an extension I’d like to do in Jackson, and it’s not even that large, but it’s 3 stories, kitchen included and will cost me way over 500k (hence we’re not doing it now!)

Are u extending a bilevel? trying to figure out how to extend a bilevel. Do u think construction will go down that ur pushing it off?

anon23

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:47 am
amother Calendula wrote:
Did he say why?

It's a credit union and some members that participate here are Jewish, so they're collecting interest. This is if I'm remembering correctly when we looked into it for our addition.

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 9:23 am
amother Pansy wrote:
Are u extending a bilevel? trying to figure out how to extend a bilevel. Do u think construction will go down that ur pushing it off?

Call a space planner or architect.

Maybe it will go down a little bit but I doubt it because nothing to do with the economy, I remember 15 years ago, they were selling single family houses in Chestnut for less than five and now you can't even build for that little on your own.
I would assume the real reason people are waiting is because now it's really expensive to take out a loan.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics