Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
RSV in newborn

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 7:41 pm
what is the best relief?
how long does it last?

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 7:43 pm
Onions and garlic rub blended with coconut oil and put on bottom of feet and on. Best

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 7:44 pm
If the baby wasn't seen by the doctor, have that done stat. The doctor will answer your questions about treatment....

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 7:45 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
If the baby wasn't seen by the doctor, have that done stat. The doctor will answer your questions about treatment....

he obviously was....as it came back positive

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 7:46 pm
amother Powderblue wrote:
Onions and garlic rub blended with coconut oil and put on bottom of feet and on. Best

bottom of feet and on?
what does on mean

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 7:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
bottom of feet and on?
what does on mean

Sorry on chest

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 8:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
what is the best relief?
how long does it last?

Turn on steam in shower make room pretty hot, undress baby so he doesn’t over heat and hang out with him in bathroom for a few minutes. Maybe nurse there.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 8:07 pm
Refuah Sheleimah! My niece was in the NICU for a few days for RSV, and my own baby (a little older) was in the PICU for a while with RSV. Hope your baby got a very mild case and will be all better soon!

amother
Iris

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 8:13 pm
amother Wine wrote:
Refuah Sheleimah! My niece was in the NICU for a few days for RSV, and my own baby (a little older) was in the PICU for a while with RSV. Hope your baby got a very mild case and will be all better soon!

So was my then 3-month old. Close to a week on oxygen/CPAP in the PICU.

OP, keep an eye on your babies chest to make sure it looks ok when she’s breathing. If her ribs sink in a lot when she’s breathing in, that should be checked out pronto.

Refuah sheleimah!!

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 8:34 pm
My child was in hospital on oxygen for a week at the age of 14 months. I recall a nurse telling me that the virus peaks at a certain day so when we got to hospital, she still got worse for 2-3 days before starting to get better. She was on oxygen till the last day, they really struggled to wean her off.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 10:14 am
so far I am managing it well at home..... I hope I am after the peak already....

tweety1

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 10:38 am
There's something from herbari called kiddie v free or something like that. Call your health food store. I know my niece stayed out of the hospital with thus vitamin.

marineparkmom

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 5:41 pm
Suction suction suction
I’m sure by now your baby is over the rsv
But for any winter virus
There is nothing as important as suction suction suction suction
Oh and doing your best to keep ppl with a cold away from your baby

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 5:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
what is the best relief?
how long does it last?

Refua shelaima!! I’m going through this now with my 1 year old. He was diagnosed on October 20th, after having been sick for a week and it getting worse the day before. He goes back and forth between being sick and nothing being wrong at all. All of a sudden yesterday he had fever again, and today he’s totally congested, and threw up twice from the mucus. I just have him a bath, and we are currently sitting in the bathroom in a steam shower. I don’t have any suggestions for you, just want to let you know you’re not the only one. (Although yours is younger than mine)
Oh, and the pediatrician said it can take 6+ weeks to return to normal!!

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 5:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
what is the best relief?
how long does it last?

My son was admitted to the hospital where he was on IV antibiotics and oxygen for a week.
He was discharged when his oxygen levels were still only 93, and took him almost a month to get over it completely.
He started off doing ok at home but went down hill very fast, so watch out if it gets worse.
Hatzlocho

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 5:58 pm
amother Crystal wrote:
Turn on steam in shower make room pretty hot, undress baby so he doesn’t over heat and hang out with him in bathroom for a few minutes. Maybe nurse there.

Do not leave baby there too long!!!!

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:04 pm
A nasal aspirator is your best friend. It's gross but it really helps suck the mucus out. My 6 month old was hospitalized after we called hatzolah one night because he was choking on the mucus in his throat.
In the hospital, the nurses came in and suctioned out the mucus every few hours. After I got home, I bought the nose Freeda and later the Braun nasal aspirator (it's made better than the nose freeda). We use it whenever the kids are congested.

You can also get a nasal spray to squirt in first to help loosen up the gunk.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics