Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Any other runners out there?

Tzippora

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 9:54 pm
I started running about a year and a half ago, and it has been the best exercise. I lost about 20 pounds and have lost 2-3 dress sizes. It's been tough, but I've kept it up - A friend and I are running a 5K this September.

Anyone else run, jog or anything?

flowerpower

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 9:57 pm
I love to but don't really have where. For now I do running/walking.

Tzippora

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 10:07 pm
I have been lucky enough to have treadmill access for the last few years, and I will be running out in the park soon.

I would love to know if you have any ideas on improving breathing and endurance, since those are my big stumbling blocks.

I would feel proud of this upcoming 5K, but the friend who is doing it with me is 6 months postpartum, so I better be able to keep up with her Smile

amother

Post Tue, Aug 05 2008, 12:57 am
Just curious, what do you wear when you run these races?

Tzippora

Post Tue, Aug 05 2008, 6:28 am
*rolling eyes* On principle, I'm refusing to answer that, unless you ask the question because you want to know my favorite brand of sneakers.

Edited to say: I also can't imagine why that had to be anonymous. I'm being stalked by amothers recently.

Raisin

Post Tue, Aug 05 2008, 7:38 am
wow, I have 0 stamina. I did do walking for a while, but anything faster is sooo hard. dds teacher is a pro runner.

I got an exercise bike because it is hard for me to get out.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 05 2008, 8:25 am
When I am really trying hard to lose weight, I find that jogging is the best way to do it. I get up at 6:00 am (or earlier) and jog for about 30-40 minutes. Sometimes I drive to a park nearby, so I don't meet people, even that early.

In my fitter days, I did a 5K fun-run with a couple of friends in about 34 minutes, which I was really happy with. We all jogged in skirts and snoods and got lots of comments!!
(amother because I don't want anyone to identify me!!)

mandksima

Post Tue, Aug 05 2008, 8:26 am
Lately, I've been running to the dining room table, running to the bathroom and mostly running out of energy. LOL

I'm very jealous. I hope at 6 mo postpartum I'll be able to run. Wishful thinking!

amother

Post Tue, Aug 05 2008, 10:03 am
Tzippora- I actually had vocal training when I was younger and the breathing really helps me when I'm on the treadmill. It was quite a while ago, but if I remember correctly, my instructor was trained by Seth Riggs from CA and she used a lot of his techniques. If you could get ahold of any of that kind of material, it might be helpful for breathing. Swimming also helps, because you get trained into "paced breathing."

Of course, endurance is built up with practice- from my experience. I haven't found any other shortcuts.. Confused

pianist

Post Tue, Aug 05 2008, 11:41 am
I WIIIIIIIISh! In my school we had sports every other day, I went for swimming lessons etc...
I miss it soooo much. I havent found a normal gym in my area....
And in bp u can't really go for a normal walk (inj the summer way more empty).
So, for now u can have me in mind when u do ur jogging/running...

shayna82

Post Tue, Aug 05 2008, 12:03 pm
hi!

I run at the gym for close to 25 minutes on an incline, hoping to make it to 30 minutes. I run with my husband.
its great exercise.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise