Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Leaf removal for a 1/2 acre property

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 7:57 am
We are looking for the cheapest way to get rid of a treed 1/2 acre property that is filling up with leaves fast. We're talking about 70 bags of leaves a year and we simply can't do it ourselves anymore.

Please imamothers help a leaf drowning ima find a CHEAP company that will get rid of these leaves before I drown in a pile. I don't need any other lawn care but leaf removal. Please help!

amother
Seablue

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 8:08 am
You can go to 2nd street and hire some Hispanic men . You can ask who has experience with leaves, there are always men available.

amother
Feverfew

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 8:12 am
I don't have a recommendation but ocean county doesn't bag leaves. We put them in a pile on the street in front of the house and there's pickup once a month. You should ask your neighbors when your pickup is so you can time it best

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 8:13 am
No this is in Toms River- you need to bag leaves.

Don't want to hire a guy from 2nd.

Anyone have other leads?

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 8:14 am
Buy a leaf blower or 2 from amazon and have your kids blow the leaves to a pile by the street

amother
Eggplant

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 8:26 am
amother Cerulean wrote:
Buy a leaf blower or 2 from amazon and have your kids blow the leaves to a pile by the street

This. I bought 2 cheap leaf blowers from Amazon and my son and I had a nice afternoon blowing all the leaves into a pile, then my husband used a shovel to bag them.
The whole thing cost me $200 and it was really easy.

familyfirst

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 8:38 am
Just saying that not everyone agrees to remove the leaves

Google “leave the leaves”- they are good for the soul and will naturally decompose

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 8:52 am
Thank you for all the replies. I've tried leaf blowers but then I need to bag them and the issue is not so much the blowing but actually bagging. Again - in Toms River you need to bag leaves not just leave them in a pile at curb.

Any leads for a guy that can blow the leaves and bag and do it for less than a few hundred dollars?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 8:53 am
familyfirst wrote:
Just saying that not everyone agrees to remove the leaves

Google “leave the leaves”- they are good for the soul and will naturally decompose

lol - I've sorta been leaving / sorta bagging for a few years now. They may be good for the soul but not for the look in my neighborhood lol. I (and I'm sure my neighbors) want them outta here.

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 8:58 am
I saw a clip of somebody cleaning up leaves and in order to break down the leaves so they don't take up 70 bags, as soon as he had a full garbage he would stick in a grass cutter and shred a full garbage of leaves to less then 1/4 of the garbage.
There are so many machines... to help with picking up leaves maybe if it works for you invest in one this year because it's something you have to deal with every year.

care4u

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 9:18 am
Good luck! Definitely not an easy job.

I will say that I have a neighbor that leaves the leaves on part of their property because only part of their backyard is fenced in and there tends to be a much larger area that doesn't drain during rainfall and snow melting in the leafy area, taking a lot longer compared to the part that is cleared grass with no leaves around. Water that stands for days or even weeks on end is really unhealthy.
Just saying.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 9:38 am
amother Eggplant wrote:
This. I bought 2 cheap leaf blowers from Amazon and my son and I had a nice afternoon blowing all the leaves into a pile, then my husband used a shovel to bag them.
The whole thing cost me $200 and it was really easy.

I'd love some links. I own 2 leafblowers from Amazon, one is battery operated but it isn't strong enough to do the leaves on the lawn which are too heavy (it's wonderful for keeping the deck clean, and also the garage - like an electric broom!) and one works with an extension cord and is powerful, but I don't have an extension cord long enough for the lawn, and I think it would be really cumbersome to work with one....

So I shell out more and more $$ every year to get the lawn done. I'd love to do it myself (especially as I'm in Lakewood and don't have to bag.)

OTOH I usually have the leaf guy also do the gutters....maybe I can have him do just the gutters and not the leaves....

Anyway - links please!

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 9:45 am
amother Bellflower wrote:
I saw a clip of somebody cleaning up leaves and in order to break down the leaves so they don't take up 70 bags, as soon as he had a full garbage he would stick in a grass cutter and shred a full garbage of leaves to less then 1/4 of the garbage.
There are so many machines... to help with picking up leaves maybe if it works for you invest in one this year because it's something you have to deal with every year.

This. We run over the piles with a lawn mower & it shrinks down to next to nothing. They need to be dry.

I totally understand you wanting to have a company come & do the job for you. We do that some years, it's amazing they come with a huge truck & vacuum in the huge piles In no time. I don't live anywhere near you so I don't have recommendations. Most landscaping companies do this.

Amarante

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 9:46 am
Why not check Craigslist or ask a landscaping company.

This is not a high skill job and I suspect there are people who do it seasonally just like people have snow blowers and hire themselves out to clean snow

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 10:33 am
Try Jose +1 (718) 662-4407. He was always very fairly priced for me.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 1:07 pm
amother Yellow wrote:

He’s great! My backyard is hilly and has landscaping, it’s not an easy property to do and he does a terrific and thorough job.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 1:21 pm
amother Yellow wrote:

Does he do landscaping too?

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 1:29 pm
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
Does he do landscaping too?

Yes he does

Chayalle

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 1:39 pm
amother Yellow wrote:

Does he also clean gutters or just leaves? I like to get someone who can do both.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 1:55 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Does he also clean gutters or just leaves? I like to get someone who can do both.
I’m not sure but ask, he probably does.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries