Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How to keep the playroom clean

NewMom36

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:42 am
I need ideas tips on how to keep my playroom clean. Every so often we do a massive clean up but I'm really getting tired of this. My playroom will be cleaned and organized and my little ones will just dump things out and not clean up after themselves. When my bigger kids put away toys it always the closest spot possible (usually the floor right where you walk in)
My kids don't feel responsible for any games I buy the cards games are all mixed up. They feel like the little ones just dump them there's no point in cleaning and taking care of them. I will tell them to put them away high up and things but they don't and then the cycle repeated itself

Genius

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:49 am
Get a closet with a lock. I take out a few toys at a time. And they need to pack away before I give them new stuff. This will help with mixed up games and lost toy pieces.
I also don’t expect the playroom to be tidy. This is one room in the house that gets cleared once a week lkuved Shabbos

chili-n-cholent

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:57 am
Pretty much same as above poster.
I don't have a playroom so if too many toys are out my entire house is a mess.
My toy closet has a lock (a child lock, nothing fancy) so they can only take out a few toys at a time.
If they want to take out more we need to clean up.
Many times they won't put things away in the right boxes but I don't stress about it, as long as the floor gets cleaned up.
Every 2-3 weeks I go through my toy boxes on my own and make sure they are all put away in the correct box.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics