Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Sensitive question - threading

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 12:58 pm
I go to a threading salon owned by an Indian woman. I like her and her work. She has some sort of statue in her place and lights incense. Last time I went, the incense smell was really strong and really bothered me. Something made me think to ask our rav if it's an issue to go there (avoda Zara). The rav tried to brush me off in a funny way without really answering me. He said that he asked the major posek in our city who also didn't know. I know this rav well and I feel like when he does that it's really better that I don't go and he doesn't want to tell me not to in case I won't listen.

My question is - is there a sensitive, respectful way to talk to the threading lady about this issue to see if we can figure out a solution. I probably wouldn't tell her the whole background. I would like to be sensitive and respectful to her religion but also feel comfortable going there. Could I ask if she can do threading outdoors at least while the weather is nice? How would you handle? I need to get my eyebrows done too - I can't walk around with a jungle on my face.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 1:53 pm
Don’t have an answer to your specific question but if you are in Lakewood I know a frum lady who does it in her house.

Rachel Shira

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 2:38 pm
I would probably just find another place to go.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 2:40 pm
Rachel Shira wrote:
I would probably just find another place to go.

All the places I know are owned by Indian women and have some sort of statue

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 2:40 pm
amother DarkKhaki wrote:
Don’t have an answer to your specific question but if you are in Lakewood I know a frum lady who does it in her house.

Not in Lakewood but thank you

justforfun87

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 2:42 pm
Baltimore? I know someone frum

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 2:19 pm
DarkKhaki Can you please post or send the information for from lady in Lakewood that does threadings? I’ve been looking all over!

dotart

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 2:22 pm
amother Apricot wrote:
DarkKhaki Can you please post or send the information for from lady in Lakewood that does threadings? I’ve been looking all over!

You can PM me

RachelCB

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 1:05 pm
Hi, I tried to PM you, but not sure if it went through. Would greatly appreciate the information for threadings in Lakewood if possible.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics