Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Quartz vs granite

r1

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 2:16 pm
Doing our kitchen and it seems more ppl are using quartz?

mompower

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 2:51 pm
Are you sure about the granite?

I haven’t seen it being used in years. The options these days are more between marble, quartz and quartzite.

mizle10

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 2:54 pm
Quartz is definitely more modern and more in style. Granite is a more traditional somewhat dated look.

That being said, I'm doing my kitchen now and putting in granite, I personally love the natural warmth it has and the authentic stone look.

smss

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 3:48 pm
I like the look of quartz better. Granite is kasherable and quartz is not.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 3:59 pm
I did a marble quartzite. Honestly didn't care about what people are using, and went with what I like and worked with my kitchen.

Amarante

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 5:27 pm
There are incredibly beautiful granite slabs that do NOT resemble the Baltic Brown or Ubatuba which is what many people associate with granite.

Go to a stone yard and look at the gorgeous varieties. I have Black Galaxy in my kitchen which is black with iridescent flecks of copper which twinkle when the light hits them and go well with my copper sink and copper coved ceiling. An advantage of my granite is that it is bullet proof as they say - doesn't ned to be sealed and is impervious to stains.

I looked at quartz when I remodeled but it looked artificial to me but taste is subjective and many people like it.

Most people don't have real quartzite because stone yards don't label it correctly. It is much more expensive than marble because it is much more durable.

Last edited by Amarante on Tue, Nov 14 2023, 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

mompower

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 5:55 pm
An authentic quartzite is magnificent and super practical.

The only issue is the price. It can be quite expensive.

Also, only buy it from a reputable source as like Amarette said, some places sell you a marble and call it quartzite. Marble is beautiful but a lot less practical.

Quartz is the easiest to maintain but it looks artificial because it’s a man made stone.

Amarante

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 6:10 pm
mompower wrote:
An authentic quartzite is magnificent and super practical.

The only issue is the price. It can be quite expensive.

Also, only buy it from a reputable source as like Amarette said, some places sell you a marble and call it quartzite. Marble is beautiful but a lot less practical.

Quartz is the easiest to maintain but it looks artificial because it’s a man made stone.

There are tests for authentic quartzite and if anyone is considering it, you should definitely test because even theoretically reputable stone yards often sell marble for quartzite but charge the higher quartzite price.

pnimi

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 7:12 pm
smss wrote:
I like the look of quartz better. Granite is kasherable and quartz is not.

If this is the case, I would do granite without question. Otherwise one mistake with something hot and you're stuck forever.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars