Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Desperate for playgroup with extended hours!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 5:39 pm
Does anyone know of a playgroup in Brooklyn, preferably with transportation, that has extended hours? At least until 4:30. My toddler's childcare situation suddenly fell apart and I am really scrambling. I don't have any backup childcare available to me.

I'm in Boro Park, and somewhere around 13th avenue would be most convenient, but I'll take what I can get.

I don't have vouchers.

Any leads would be so appreciated!

Einikel

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 5:43 pm
You can pm me

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 6:07 pm
Sugar cubes has

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 9:38 pm
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
Sugar cubes has

Is this the name of a playgroup? Do you know what the hours are and whether they accept cash payments or only vouchers? Thank you.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:27 am
Bump

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 8:59 pm
Bump again -- really desperate! I can't be the only working mother in Boro Park. Playgroup until 3 is a joke! What does everyone else do?

amother
Snow

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:22 pm
Cut their hours? Work from home with their toddler? Have a sitter pick up from a 3 PM playgroup? Send to some shady playgroup? It's hard to find a good playgroup with longer hours.

amother
Candycane

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
Bump again -- really desperate! I can't be the only working mother in Boro Park. Playgroup until 3 is a joke! What does everyone else do?

Cut their hours.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:21 pm
Unfortunately, that's really not an option for me. My boss would just let me go. How few hours do people work? These playgroups only start at 9:30. And I can't find anyone willing to babysit so few hours after playgroup and also nobody wants to babysit past 4pm.
Literally nobody works full time?!

mfb

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:35 pm
Not sure but maybe Bais yaakov of bp has longer hours?
I remember hearing that a while ago

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:37 pm
mfb wrote:
Not sure but maybe Bais yaakov of bp has longer hours?
I remember hearing that a while ago

Thanks. Vouchers only. 😬

amother
Moonstone

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:55 pm
Yes! It’s impossible to find in BP with good hours that take private pay.

I tried with all my kids.

The only option was to get a private babysitter to watch baby in my house and when he/she got older take them to playgroup for a few hours a day.

Once they are old enough for chider / preschool it is a whole lot easier. Some programs had after care and transportation.

amother
Moonstone

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:56 pm
I know some people who work 9:30- 3 and then an hour or 2 at night from home. Find out if it’s an option.

amother
Snow

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 12:17 am
amother OP wrote:
Unfortunately, that's really not an option for me. My boss would just let me go. How few hours do people work? These playgroups only start at 9:30. And I can't find anyone willing to babysit so few hours after playgroup and also nobody wants to babysit past 4pm.
Literally nobody works full time?!

Not mothers of school age kids, no.

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 8:20 pm
Try middosland. I used to send there till 5, they had then some no-voucher slots

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 8:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
Does anyone know of a playgroup in Brooklyn, preferably with transportation, that has extended hours? At least until 4:30. My toddler's childcare situation suddenly fell apart and I am really scrambling. I don't have any backup childcare available to me.

I'm in Boro Park, and somewhere around 13th avenue would be most convenient, but I'll take what I can get.

I don't have vouchers.

Any leads would be so appreciated!

Would you want a private babysitter come to your house??
I know of a good babysitter available now in boro park
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries