Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Needlework and Sewing
Looking for "out of print" canvas
Previous  1  2

shanie5

Post Sat, Nov 18 2023, 11:16 pm
SG18 wrote:
Tell him that it isn't available and let him choose again. No shame in that! There are some on that site that have a similar vibe and are really nice.

We went through many sights and pictures of tefillin bag options. He did choose one as a substitute, but really likes this one. If I can't find it, I will order the other option.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sat, Nov 18 2023, 11:21 pm
shanie5 wrote:
So I tried this, but the picture really doesn't show thru well. (no light box). The weave of the canvas is too tight.

Do you have a Shabbos lamp? Can you lay it on its side, and use it as a light box?

If that doesn’t work, I would print in color, several copies. Then, carefully cut out the blue parts, leaving the rest of it fully intact. Clip it on the canvas and paint blue.

Perhaps use a craft knife rather than a scissors.

Repeat for each color.

Does this make sense? As though you’re creating your own stencil!

shanie5

Post Sat, Nov 18 2023, 11:22 pm
GLUE wrote:
Another thing many photo printers have a canvas setting. Do you know anyone who would have one?
Take the canvas tape it on to card stock and print out the picture on the printer.
That is how I made a custom bag for my boys.

H'tzlacha I hope something works out.

Is a photo printer different than a regular printer?

shanie5

Post Sat, Nov 18 2023, 11:24 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
Do you have a Shabbos lamp? Can you lay it on its side, and use it as a light box?

If that doesn’t work, I would print in color, several copies. Then, carefully cut out the blue parts, leaving the rest of it fully intact. Clip it on the canvas and paint blue.

Perhaps use a craft knife rather than a scissors.

Repeat for each color.

Does this make sense? As though you’re creating your own stencil
!

I understand, but thats a bit too much for me to do. I'm not that patient Surprised

I will try my shabbos lamp as a light box though.

shanie5

Post Sat, Nov 18 2023, 11:28 pm
cbsp wrote:
Is the pattern copyrighted?

Can you upload it here?

https://www.needlepaint.com/

Alternatively, T&P's post reminded me that I once used a windows program (I think it was free) to convert an image to an embroidery pattern (I think I got to specify the density of stitches, etc) . I then printed it on iron-on paper and ironed it to the canvas. All stitching took place through the paper...

Technology has come a long way since then (I think this was in '05 or '06), maybe something less clunky could work for you...

It may be copywrited, I have no idea how to check that. Though she doesn't do them anymore, and I would use different colors if that makes a difference,

I tried, but I'm not being very successful getting it just right. Also, I only want the canvas, not the threads. Those I prefer to choose on my own.

shanie5

Post Sat, Nov 18 2023, 11:30 pm
GLUE wrote:
Another thing many photo printers have a canvas setting. Do you know anyone who would have one?
Take the canvas tape it on to card stock and print out the picture on the printer.
That is how I made a custom bag for my boys.

H'tzlacha I hope something works out.

Can I pay you to do it for me? Wink

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sat, Nov 18 2023, 11:33 pm
shanie5 wrote:
I understand, but thats a bit too much for me to do. I'm not that patient Surprised

I will try my shabbos lamp as a light box though.

If you mail the canvas and a few color copies to me, I’ll do it for you! I find painting relaxing and don’t do it nearly enough.

GLUE

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 12:42 am
shanie5 wrote:
Is a photo printer different than a regular printer?

A photo printer uses ink-jets many times it is wider then the average printer.

You can check the settings on your printer to see if it has canvas setting.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Needlework and Sewing