Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Raleigh vs Spring Mountain Resort

Helani

Post Sun, Jul 13 2008, 5:30 pm
Anyone can tell me how the two compare. Thinking of going there for a couple of days, but don't know much about either except for their ads in Hamodia.

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 12:17 am
well, I just got back from the spring mountain resort. pm me with questions. my whole review would take ages to type...

Helani

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 6:29 pm
thanks mummiedearest. Now that I heard something about spring mountain, did anyone go to raleigh?

Cdlf

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 7:45 pm
Could you just print some info in a nutshell? ALso can anybody give me an idea of price for a long weekend? Any othe weekend getaway options?

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 7:51 pm
I think they are both nice. I know a few people that are now in the Reliegh and are very happy. They have a 24 hour tea rom, meals fit for a king, a lot of grounds, decent rooms, day camp...they said theres a big crowd there. I am not sure about the other place since I don't know anyone that went there.

mc'cutie

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 8:25 pm
We onced checked out the rooms at the Raleigh and they werent very nice, however I have heard that the food is great and so are the activities. If you want, you can always go down to the Raleigh to check out the rooms I am not familier with Spring Mountain.

Helani

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 7:49 am
mc'cutie wrote:
We onced checked out the rooms at the Raleigh and they werent very nice, however I have heard that the food is great and so are the activities. If you want, you can always go down to the Raleigh to check out the rooms I am not familier with Spring Mountain.

Since I am in Boston, going down to just check out the rooms is not a very good option. Wink But based on reviews I got I think I know which one I am going to try out.

ILOVELIFE

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 8:17 am
I think the rooms in Raleigh are gross or maybe I just had a really old one.

The food and program is gr8 though

ILOVELIFE

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 8:18 am
....and I'm not sure what spring mtn is all about but the Homewack (hotel they took over) was mighty old!

ESB

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 9:12 pm
I went to Homowack last year GROSS the rooms the food the grounds everything is as dirty as can be.

Ralieghs rooms are not so nice but the food is great and the place is clean.

Helani

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 8:53 am
Thank you for your help everyone!

BoomChickaPop

Post Tue, Aug 05 2008, 5:16 pm
Can someone please post the phone number for the raleigh hotel?

Thanks...

First Lady

Post Tue, Aug 05 2008, 5:29 pm
I went to visit someone in the Raleigh and the room was pretty nice, or at least very decent.

Helani

Post Tue, Aug 05 2008, 6:37 pm
# for Raleigh:

845-434-7000

BoomChickaPop

Post Tue, Aug 05 2008, 7:04 pm
Thanks Helani. Did you end up staying there? How was it?

Helani

Post Tue, Aug 05 2008, 8:26 pm
Not yet, we're going away labor day weekend. so if you get there earlier let me know.

shopaholic

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 11:46 am
I went to the Homowack 8 years ago & the food was great. The place was old fashioned but in good condition.

I heard the Raleigh has been redone & is quite expensive. I heard it's a Chassidishe crowd as opposed to the Homowack which is a mixture of types.

Helani

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 12:33 pm
shopaholic wrote:
I went to the Homowack 8 years ago & the food was great. The place was old fashioned but in good condition.

I heard the Raleigh has been redone & is quite expensive. I heard it's a Chassidishe crowd as opposed to the Homowack which is a mixture of types.

Homowack became the Spring Mountain Resort. It was bought out by chassidim (I believe from new square). so the crown is definitely different nowdays. Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics