Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Highchair

coffee icecream

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 11:20 pm
Hi
Any recommendations for a highchair, preferably one that leans back that can be used from a few months? Bonus if it's on sale now or soon 😁

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 11:22 pm
I'm very very happy with the 4 moms. It leans back and is easy to clean. There's no wheels but it's lightweight so it's easy to move. It's also small, which works for my small space.

amother
Forsythia

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 11:26 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
I'm very very happy with the 4 moms. It leans back and is easy to clean. There's no wheels but it's lightweight so it's easy to move. It's also small, which works for my small space.

I just came here to say not to waste your money on the 4moms lol. It's a great highchair but not worth the high price.. I got it as a gift

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 11:30 pm
Love my good ole Graco Blossom. This is a great price. I paid $200 over 5 years ago.

It reclines and is a very supportive seat. The seat cover is wipeable faux leather and can also be machine washed. Mine is in great condition after 5+ years of use.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gra.....rce=1

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 11:30 pm
We have this one and love it.
INFANS High Chair for Babies & Toddlers, Foldable Highchair with Multiple Adjustable Backrest, Footrest and Seat Height, Removable Tray, Detachable PU Leather Cushion, Built-in Rear Wheels (Black) https://a.co/d/bzt2HOU

amother
Blueberry

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 11:34 pm
What kind of base are you looking for? I wanted one that folded up but that ended up taking up a lot space when open.

coffee icecream

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 11:56 pm
One that's slim , not too bulky and with the option of leaving it open or folded without taking up too much space . If that's not asking too much 😅

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 12:03 am
I got this when it was $50 it’s great. Only downside you can’t adjust hight

https://www.amazon.com/Graco-S.....D_BwE

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 4:03 am
I bought for my first one of these highchairs that lay back, had all these features and more. It was very bulky and big, and even though the fabric was wipe clean, it was really difficult to clean all the crevices and folds. And it was supposed to fold easily but because I needed it several times a day, then I never bothered folding it and it took up a lot of space in my tiny dining room.
For my next child, I gave my bells and whistles highchair away and bit the bullet to buy the basic ikea highchair. I can't lean it back, that's true so I have to use my swing until they're old enough to sit. I did buy the inflatable insert so it's more comfortable. But I do prefer the ikea one over the first one I had. I love how easy it is to clean. It's got a much smaller footprint, so space wise it's much better. DH is very happy kashrus wise to have multiple trays, as you can buy them separately. We have one for milk, one for meat and one for pesach. And I can just put the entire highchair in the dishwasher if it's really dirty.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 7:42 am
coffee icecream wrote:
One that's slim , not too bulky and with the option of leaving it open or folded without taking up too much space . If that's not asking too much 😅

This is what you’re looking for. I’m very happy with it

https://www.amazon.com/Graco-S.....D_BwE

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 7:56 am
amother Dandelion wrote:
I bought for my first one of these highchairs that lay back, had all these features and more. It was very bulky and big, and even though the fabric was wipe clean, it was really difficult to clean all the crevices and folds. And it was supposed to fold easily but because I needed it several times a day, then I never bothered folding it and it took up a lot of space in my tiny dining room.
For my next child, I gave my bells and whistles highchair away and bit the bullet to buy the basic ikea highchair. I can't lean it back, that's true so I have to use my swing until they're old enough to sit. I did buy the inflatable insert so it's more comfortable. But I do prefer the ikea one over the first one I had. I love how easy it is to clean. It's got a much smaller footprint, so space wise it's much better. DH is very happy kashrus wise to have multiple trays, as you can buy them separately. We have one for milk, one for meat and one for pesach. And I can just put the entire highchair in the dishwasher if it's really dirty.

How do you put an entire highchair in the dishwasher? The IKEA highchair doesn't even fold- unless yours does? I mean, I purchased the IKEA highchair upon everyone's recommendations here too, and have no regrets, but would not count collapsible or compact enough for a dishwasher as any of its pros....

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 8:14 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
How do you put an entire highchair in the dishwasher? The IKEA highchair doesn't even fold- unless yours does? I mean, I purchased the IKEA highchair upon everyone's recommendations here too, and have no regrets, but would not count collapsible or compact enough for a dishwasher as any of its pros....

The legs unclick from the frame, you take the tray off, and then it fits into the dishwasher. But no, it doesn't fold on a regular basis. I don't wash it in the dishwasher that often, but for those days when it's just covered and it's sticky and hard to come off, then I can just put it in.
https://www.romper.com/p/dishw.....45349
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics