Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Touro Israel

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 4:47 pm
DD is talking about staying in EY after sem and doing Touro Israel. What is the crowd like there? We don't need super yeshivish but we do want regular down to earth bais yaakov girls. And we would want the staff to be the same type of staff that you would get in a BY.

I'm worried it's a more modern crowd.

The thing is that I don't know how to find this out. Can anyone tell me anything about it?

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 3:00 am
Its actually mostly young marrieds who are living in Israel, as far as I know

Don't know what the staff is like

If you are concerned about the enviorment, I would recomedn her looking into a madricha position or a shana beis program like chedvas that she can combined with Touro Israel, as they do not have dorm....

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 7:15 am
Thank you for the response! So it's located in har nof?
What type are the married girls?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 10:01 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for the response! So it's located in har nof?
What type are the married girls?

Its not IN har nof but right outside har nof on beit hadfus street.
I knew some ypung marrieds who went there a few years ago. They were yeshivish in america.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 10:04 am
OP you seem to be looking for a seminary experience for your DD. Touro israel is a college program. The students are accepted based on academic factors alone. The teachers are not there to be role models, they are there to teach.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 10:14 am
amother Orchid wrote:
OP you seem to be looking for a seminary experience for your DD. Touro israel is a college program. The students are accepted based on academic factors alone. The teachers are not there to be role models, they are there to teach.

She's in seminary now. I'm not looking for another seminary I just want to know who are the girls that she's going to be around because you're affected by your environment. I'm just being a responsible mother and asking questions.

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 10:21 am
amother OP wrote:
She's in seminary now. I'm not looking for another seminary I just want to know who are the girls that she's going to be around because you're affected by your environment. I'm just being a responsible mother and asking questions.

She would also need to find a place to live as there is no dorm.

Its mostly yeshivish, charedi, right wing young married. Im sure there are some single girls too.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 10:25 am
Thank you so much! She would want to go shana bet at her current sem. I'm hoping that it might financially be doable since if she had gone to the place she was going to go to here she would have had dorm fees and tuition fees so perhaps paying Toro for tuition and then the seminary for their program may be possibly won't be too much more but I'm really nervous about the finances. But if she doesn't do that then I have no idea where she would live!

Does anyone know how many years she'd have to do Toro for? Probably one year isn't really enough so she still would have to find somewhere to live for the second year? Anyone knows a single girl who had a good solution of where to live while doing this please let me know. I wish Neve would let girls live on their campus while they do touro...

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 10:35 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you so much! She would want to go shana bet at her current sem. I'm hoping that it might financially be doable since if she had gone to the place she was going to go to here she would have had dorm fees and tuition fees so perhaps paying Toro for tuition and then the seminary for their program may be possibly won't be too much more but I'm really nervous about the finances. But if she doesn't do that then I have no idea where she would live!

Does anyone know how many years she'd have to do Toro for? Probably one year isn't really enough so she still would have to find somewhere to live for the second year? Anyone knows a single girl who had a good solution of where to live while doing this please let me know. I wish Neve would let girls live on their campus while they do touro...

Huh? But why would that be a thing? Neve is Neve and Touro is Touro. They are in no way connected.
I would assume most students in touro are eirher married or maybe have an apartment set up with other single girls.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 10:43 am
Btw, does maalot not exist anymore? DD is on neve now and doesn't think it's still there....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children