Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Lap Band at NYU

amother

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 2:48 pm
I've decided to get the lap band done at NYU, but I have a problem. I was hoping someone here could help. I just need one question answered.

I went to the information session but I left my folder of papers there. I called to ask them to mail me a new one, but despite teh fact that I signed in on the sheet, they don't believe I attended and won't send me a new folder! I have to one again get a babysitter and shlep into the city. (The first time, I couldn't even find a babysitter, so I had to bring my kids with me and drop them off by my husband's office, and he took them home. Can you believe I need to go through this again?)

I don't expect anyone here to give me their forms. I just have one question.

So here's my question: I meet the psychologist tomorrow. Is there a form I'm supposed to bring him? That's all I want to know, is if I'm supposed to bring a form to the psychologist. (If so, I'll call NYU tomorrow before my appointment and try to get them to fax it to me.)

Thanks so much.

P.S. If anyone's been banded there, have you had much success? Did they seem to busy for you?

3Qts

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 3:01 pm
No you dont need a form.

I had my surgery at NYU. It is definatly A commercial place and I am sure Dr Ren wont even recognize me as a patient if she sees me. But I knew I am getting the best dr so I dont mind the individual attention.
I did have a problem a couple of months after the surgery It was 8-9 PM and Dr Ren said she is in the hospital and I should come up to her office and she will see me there..So that was nice..She opened up the office for me.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 6:16 pm
Thank you!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 7:28 pm
I also had mine done there but by Dr. Kurian bec. she takes HIP. She's really nice. I hate the fact that they have so many patients and you need to wait a month for an appointment for a fill. All the slots in the brooklyn offices (Flatbush and will.) are aready booked a month in advance. It is a zoo there but they do the most lap bands ever so they have the most practice. Just FYI they make you crash diet 2 weeks before to shrink your liver, but not all drs. & hos[itals make you do that. It's not a must just makes it a little easier for the dr. to do the surgery if your liver is smaller, but even losing just 5 lbs. the last week by cutting out carbs, sugar and fat is enough. For most pple that's torture so I thought I'd let you know you can cheat a little to make it a little easier! I myself am losing between 1-2 lbs. a week, I'm not too tight, and able to enjoy most foods at this point.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 7:32 pm
Thanks for the info. Are you still able to eat challah on Shabbos? If dipped in soup or something? Also, I started to panic about Pesach, because Pesach is the most special time of the year to me, and eating Matzo and Maror is important to me. Will I still be able to? Also, are you really less hungry with the band?

Thanks!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 7:44 pm
Yes I can eat small pieces of challah but matzah is much better. I always eat ww matzah by the seudah and had no problem with matzah on pesach. Just chew well and not too big at a time.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 7:44 pm
Yes I can eat small pieces of challah but matzah is much better. I always eat ww matzah by the seudah and had no problem with matzah on pesach. Just chew well and not too big at a time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise