Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Ubers for early morning trip to airport

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 11:27 pm
Has anyone done a "scheduled uber" when leaving their home around 430 AM to catch flight? What do you recommend ?

My work forces us to use uber. I tried to schedule an Uber last time, it it got cancelled ay the last second, I had already received the text the car was waiting. By the time I realized what was going on, ordered another uber and waited for them to cime it was cutting it close.

Whats been your experience with pre scheduled ubers? Dod it work? Should I give it another try?

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 12:01 am
DH flys all the time for work and usually calls an Uber at around 5:20am when he's ready to leave. It usually comes without an issue. We live in Flatbush and he goes to JFK or LaGuardia

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 12:12 am
amother Denim wrote:
DH flys all the time for work and usually calls an Uber at around 5:20am when he's ready to leave. It usually comes without an issue. We live in Flatbush and he goes to JFK or LaGuardia

Thanks.

Especially curious out in Lakewood where the population is not as dense.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 12:15 am
Realistically, scheduling it in advance doesn't actually schedule you your driver- the driver it selects will still only find out where you are going when they come to pick you up. And if they decide they don't want to do an airport run, you're stuck. We haven't seen a real benefit to prescheduling.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 12:17 am
I’ve scheduled an Uber in Lakewood for an early morning flight and also had them cancel on me last minute. We ended up driving and paying for parking at the airport.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries