Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Trying to get off Instagram

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:18 pm
I am looking for chizuk going off Instagram. I went off for 3 moths as a zechus for someone. Last week I went back on and have not stopped since. I am feeling so bad about myself and really want to stop. Anyone have any suggestions

amother
Clover

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
I am looking for chizuk going off Instagram. I went off for 3 moths as a zechus for someone. Last week I went back on and have not stopped since. I am feeling so bad about myself and really want to stop. Anyone have any suggestions

What is it that you are looking at that is causing you to feel bad about yourself? I assume it's not inappropriate material. Is it the accounts you are following? Or that you are on there at all?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:23 pm
Honestly I don't think I need to be there at all. I don't get anything good out of it. It's basically a time waster. I think it's filling a void for me as I don't have many friends.....

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
Honestly I don't think I need to be there at all. I don't get anything good out of it. It's basically a time waster. I think it's filling a void for me as I don't have many friends.....

Maybe there are healthier ways to fill that void, but that doesn't mean you're not using it for a real need.

wigboutique

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:30 pm
I stopped going on instagram not as a zechus but because I just didn’t have the time to scroll anymore and wanted to have “me” time by having a coffee, enjoying quiet time, nature, online shopping…
Think about changing the reasons why. What do you feel like you’re lacking? Recipe ideas? Outfit inspo? Try to find different ways to get that - pinterest or other apps are less addictive
I like saving what I need and making folders to arrange them in to check later
Also I started to put on YouTube 5 am morning routine vlogs where people share their cleaning or cooking tips.. highly recommended and just way better vibe

SG18

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 5:59 pm
Start only using it on a computer.

saralem

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 8:06 pm
Try Pinterest instead. More pareve. Doesn’t have the same grip.

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:34 pm
Is it to know what's going on, to have time for yourself, to look at the latest news/styles, to mindlessly scroll... Whatever you're seeking, you can prob find it elsewhere.

If for friendship, what about calling an old friend or reconnecting with someone you haven't spoken with in a while.
If for chilling, what about reading a book, making a coffee/tea, anddoing something by yourself.
If for inspiration, listening to a shiur or teleconference.
If for news, what about looking on a news site.

If there are specific ppl u want to follow, u can delete ur account so u rlly don't go on and search for their story without logging in so it limits who u're looking at, which will limit the time. And then you can slowly cut back on that...

Much Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media