Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Regarding the Junees Gift card Before YT
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 6:48 am
Once upon a time, Lily received a gift card to Junees from her friend Sarah. In need of clothes for herself and her children, Lily eagerly went to Junees for Yom Tov shopping. However, when she was about to head to the register, she realized she forgot to bring along the gift card code. With the last dress in her daughter's size, and other items at risk of selling out, Lily faced a dilemma.

Unable to retrieve the code without a computer or smartphone, Lily felt hopeless. In a stroke of luck, her neighbor Maya offered her credit card, and Lily promised to repay with the gift card later. Lily's total almost was almost the full amount of the gift card amount. She later informed Maya about a remaining $50, ensuring Maya could use the gift card minus that $50 amount.

Two months later, attempting to use the remaining $50, Lily discovered the gift card was disabled due to a disputed charge by Sarah. Ashamed, Lily hesitated to ask if Maya faced the same issue or believed she was deceived. Financially strained, Lily couldn't immediately repay Maya and wasn't sure why Sarah disputed the charge, considering the genuine generosity behind the gift.

This is my story—Lily is me, and the gift card, a lifeline. I share this post out of desperation. If Maya reads this, it allows me to face her, acknowledging my struggles. Maya's financial comfort might have led her to forget the gift card or not attempt its use. I'm unsure since I refrained from asking, not wanting to burden her with my challenges.

Sarah, a benevolent and compassionate individual and fellow Ima, is truly precious. Her generosity and kindness have been greatly appreciated. I wanted to bring to your attention the status of the gift, as I am uncertain whether it was intentionally canceled or if there may have been a misunderstanding, such as the possibility of it being unused before yomtov. Regardless of the circumstances, I express my gratitude for the support to ensure our simchas yomtov.

If the cancellation was deliberate due to concerns of being misled, I hope to rebuild trust in individuals, like myself, seeking assistance on Imamother. I share my story to assure transparency. Perhaps, as a precaution, it might be helpful to consult with Yael to verify the legitimacy of posters. Through my numerous posts, it is evident that I had no intention of taking advantage, especially when it wasn't necessary. My current financial situation is challenging, and I want to emphasize that the mitzvah of our simchas yomtov remains attributed to your kindness.

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 6:58 am
I'm confused. Is Sarah your friend in real life or someone from this site who helped you anonymously?

If she's your friend, just explain to her the situation and ask if she knows what happened. It seems unlikely that she deliberately had the card cancelled.

Don't be embarrassed to speak up. It sounds like you have a very nice friend and neighbor and I'm sure they wouldn't want you stressing over this.

amother
Tulip

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 8:09 am
amother OP wrote:
Once upon a time, Lily received a gift card to Junees from her friend Sarah. In need of clothes for herself and her children, Lily eagerly went to Junees for Yom Tov shopping. However, when she was about to head to the register, she realized she forgot to bring along the gift card code. With the last dress in her daughter's size, and other items at risk of selling out, Lily faced a dilemma.

Unable to retrieve the code without a computer or smartphone, Lily felt hopeless. In a stroke of luck, her neighbor Maya offered her credit card, and Lily promised to repay with the gift card later. Lily's total almost was almost the full amount of the gift card amount. She later informed Maya about a remaining $50, ensuring Maya could use the gift card minus that $50 amount.

Two months later, attempting to use the remaining $50, Lily discovered the gift card was disabled due to a disputed charge by Sarah. Ashamed, Lily hesitated to ask if Maya faced the same issue or believed she was deceived. Financially strained, Lily couldn't immediately repay Maya and wasn't sure why Sarah disputed the charge, considering the genuine generosity behind the gift.

This is my story—Lily is me, and the gift card, a lifeline. I share this post out of desperation. If Maya reads this, it allows me to face her, acknowledging my struggles. Maya's financial comfort might have led her to forget the gift card or not attempt its use. I'm unsure since I refrained from asking, not wanting to burden her with my challenges.

Sarah, a benevolent and compassionate individual and fellow Ima, is truly precious. Her generosity and kindness have been greatly appreciated. I wanted to bring to your attention the status of the gift, as I am uncertain whether it was intentionally canceled or if there may have been a misunderstanding, such as the possibility of it being unused before yomtov. Regardless of the circumstances, I express my gratitude for the support to ensure our simchas yomtov.

If the cancellation was deliberate due to concerns of being misled, I hope to rebuild trust in individuals, like myself, seeking assistance on Imamother. I share my story to assure transparency. Perhaps, as a precaution, it might be helpful to consult with Yael to verify the legitimacy of posters. Through my numerous posts, it is evident that I had no intention of taking advantage, especially when it wasn't necessary. My current financial situation is challenging, and I want to emphasize that the mitzvah of our simchas yomtov remains attributed to your kindness.

I know what you are talking about. What happened was that the junees gift card was supposed to be emailed immediately and after a week it still wasn't sent. Called them and emailed them many times and even went into the store but none answered or was able to help, so I disputed the charge. I don't want to buy another junees gift card because their service was awful but I can have an Amex gift card emailed to you instead of you re-provide the email address.

groovy1224

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 8:12 am
amother Tulip wrote:
I know what you are talking about. What happened was that the junees gift card was supposed to be emailed immediately and after a week it still wasn't sent. Called them and emailed them many times and even went into the store but none answered or was able to help, so I disputed the charge. I don't want to buy another junees gift card because their service was awful but I can have an Amex gift card emailed to you instead of you re-provide the email address.

So...you are Sarah in this story??

groovy1224

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 8:14 am
amother Tulip wrote:

This doesn't make sense. OP says she was given a gift card. How could she have been given one of the gifter never received it?

SG18

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 8:15 am
Is this a theoretical discussion? I'm confused.

cupcake123

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 9:00 am
What

amother
Hydrangea

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 9:11 am
amother Tulip wrote:

Huh?? Did you even read OPs story because I have no idea what you are talking about

groovy1224

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 9:25 am
Does anyone else remember a thread from a long time ago also about this store and then someone came in claiming to work there and know about the whole situation? I'm getting similar vibes.

WhatFor

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 9:44 am
groovy1224 wrote:
Does anyone else remember a thread from a long time ago also about this store and then someone came in claiming to work there and know about the whole situation? I'm getting similar vibes.

No, but can you link? I'm getting similar vibes to a different weird thread from the other day but that one was deleted.

cupcake123

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 9:47 am
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....t=120

Is this what you mean groovy?

groovy1224

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 9:55 am
cupcake123 wrote:
https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=524518&start=120

No, but I'm assuming this must be related to this current thread.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 10:30 am
amother Tulip wrote:
You're so nice! Is it you? LoL!
Right we received it by email about a week late! And during that week when I knew that you purchased it but I still haven't received it, I kept emailing Junees and no one at Junees was helpful until I finally did receive it about a week later.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 10:32 am
cupcake123 wrote:
https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=524518&start=120

yup! I'm amother Daylily on that thread

amother
Tulip

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 11:37 am
amother OP wrote:
You're so nice! Is it you? LoL!
Right we received it by email about a week late! And during that week when I knew that you purchased it but I still haven't received it, I kept emailing Junees and no one at Junees was helpful until I finally did receive it about a week later.

Yes so if you post the email address can email an Amex gift card for that amount instead

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 4:49 pm
amother Tulip wrote:
Yes so if you post the email address can email an Amex gift card for that amount instead

I have no words! I'm speechless! Thank you so much! I wish I knew who you are!
nextlevelchesed@gmail.com

NechaMom

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 6:06 pm
Wow! We just witnessed next level chesed! Mi kamcha yisroel!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 7:26 pm
Wow! I received the gift card a few minutes ago! You're unreal! I'm speechless!
Never ever in your life should you understand what those few hundred dollars means to me and my husband! May Hashem repay you with an abundance of nachas, health and happiness! and may you always be on the giving end!

amother
Tulip

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 7:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
Wow! I received the gift card a few minutes ago! You're unreal! I'm speechless!
Never ever in your life should you understand what those few hundred dollars means to me and my husband! May Hashem repay you with an abundance of nachas, health and happiness! and may you always be on the giving end!

Amen

amother
Hyacinth

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 10:24 pm
I am so proud to be jew right now.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics