Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Lightweight Immersion Blender

misteray

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 1:29 pm
Does anyone have any recommendations for a light weight immersion blender? Under 2 lbs with two pieces attached. I bought a couple and returned them because they seemed so heavy in one hand. Then I was looking through reviews and all the blenders seems to be about 2 lbs...

Am I looking for something that doesn't exist?

Thanks!

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 1:55 pm
My cuisinart feels lightweight but I never weighed it

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 3:40 pm
Braun is very good. 1.9 lbs.

tweety1

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 3:45 pm
Imo, the more lightweight the less powerful it is. That was my very recent experience that I observed. I currently have a Cuisinart and a vitamix immersion blender. They're not lightweight but they're so much more powerful than my Braun that broke recently.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 4:19 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Imo, the more lightweight the less powerful it is. That was my very recent experience that I observed. I currently have a Cuisinart and a vitamix immersion blender. They're not lightweight but they're so much more powerful than my Braun that broke recently.

Applause
Heavy means *quality* OP
I don't really understand why weight should be an issue. Usually you can lean the stick at an angle of the pot or let stick stand upright in the pot or bowl.

tweety1

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 7:23 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Applause
Heavy means *quality* OP
I don't really understand why weight should be an issue. Usually you can lean the stick at an angle of the pot or let stick stand upright in the pot or bowl.

I don't understand your first line.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 7:31 pm
I recently purchased an inexpensive one in hoffys on 13th Avenue in boro park. It's not the most powerful but decent.

misteray

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 9:44 pm
I don't really need the best quality, but my kids like to use with the whisk for baking, so can't be too heavy. Plus, I don't really lean it much when using for soup- I move it around finding big chunks.
I prefer not spend over $30 on this appliance because I don't use it so often and have a regular mixer and blender for most things.
Thank you!

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 2:27 am
tweety1 wrote:
I don't understand your first line.

Weight indicates quality. I bought a new floor fan this summer and I bought quality. It's double the weight of a cheap fan.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics