Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Girls riding buses

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 7:35 am
are the seminaries telling the girls not to ride busses now after the attack this morning in y-m?

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 7:43 am
I think this is something parents should decide, not seminaries.

NechaMom

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 7:44 am
This didn’t happen on a bus. Nothing is safe. Why was a bus more safe yesterday?

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 9:20 am
amother OP wrote:
are the seminaries telling the girls not to ride busses now after the attack this morning in y-m?

Why? This happened at a tremping station, a spot where many hitch hikers wait for rides.
Nothing to do with buses.

holylandgirl

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 9:21 am
Usually after a terrorist attack in J-m the seminaries don't allow girls to leave the neighborhood, or go on public transport. I think it's to reassure the parents more than anything.

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 9:38 am
My daughter is in sem now in the heart of yerushalayim. They said not to go to kosel today because it’s near East Jerusalem. No one street is safer then another. Normally, since sukkos so I mean new norm, they shouldn’t take bus to kosel but bus back is fine … different route not thru arab neighborhood.
When traveling for shabbos, bus is bullet proof but may go thru bad areas. Private Jewish cab driver will go a safer roof but not bullet proof… so message is it’s all from HaShem ! Daven!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info