Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
When to prepare the lasagna, do I bake and freeze?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 7:14 am
I need to make 2 lasagna's in time for melava malka. I cook them one at a time in a small toaster oven so no time to make and bake on motzai Shabbos.
Do I prepare before Shabbos, bake and put in the fridge on Thursday, or can I bake them and freeze them?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:43 am
Bump

LadyGodiva

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:45 am
Prepare Friday, refrigerate without baking, bake Saturday night.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:46 am
If you must , I would bake on Fri and fridge until motzei.

Better, I would finish my shabbos cooking on Thursday if possible, and self clean the regular oven on Friday. Then bake them fresh in the regular oven on motzei.

lucky14

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:55 am
Bake on Friday if you can and leave in fridge. I wouldn’t freeze. It will be a pain to defrost on motzei Shabbos.

peace2

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 9:06 am
I freeze cooked lasagna all the time. I take it straight out of the freezer and put it in the oven so it doesn't get soggy while it defrosts. I leave it in covered for a bit and then take the foil off so the top can get crispy. Really can't tell such a difference

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 10:59 am
peace2 wrote:
I freeze cooked lasagna all the time. I take it straight out of the freezer and put it in the oven so it doesn't get soggy while it defrosts. I leave it in covered for a bit and then take the foil off so the top can get crispy. Really can't tell such a difference

Can you give instructions please? Temp, for how long?

peace2

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 11:03 am
amother Raspberry wrote:
Can you give instructions please? Temp, for how long?

I put it in at 350 (same temp I bake lasagna on originally). For a small pan (9" square usually) it takes about 30-45 minutes to get heated through. I bake lasagna with a piece of parchment under the foil so usually I just take off the foil and leave the parchment on. After about 30 min I stick my finger in the middle and see if it feels hot

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 11:48 am
Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 4:07 pm
So I think I'll prepare and bake them on Thursday or Friday (hope I manage on Friday!) and put in fridge, then it'll just need reheating on motzai Shabbos. Thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics