Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Little boys making not in the toilet
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:21 pm
amother Marigold wrote:
If there's no bathroom around, I'd have my young kids go on the grass/bushes out of view of others.

This is standard among very young children all over the world when there are no bathrooms available. I've done this with my boys and my girls both. Teach them how to do it in the most modest way possible.

amother
Wandflower

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 5:48 am
Are you sure it's all three doing it? Did you ask them why?

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 6:14 am
There's no point being judgmental. I too thought my boys would never do it - but my fourth boy does! He's just more mischievous and defiant than the others - he thinks he's hilarious and his brothers can't help but laugh. BH it's not so often but if it was, I don't know how I would stop it either.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 6:32 am
Since you don’t know who it is it’s time to give community consequences. If you find pee anywhere except inside the toilet, they all go to bed 1 hr earlier.
If after 1 week you find no pee then you’ll all get an extra Shabbos Treat or a special Sunday outing, etc.

amother
Wandflower

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 7:01 am
amother Green wrote:
Since you don’t know who it is it’s time to give community consequences. If you find pee anywhere except inside the toilet, they all go to bed 1 hr earlier.
If after 1 week you find no pee then you’ll all get an extra Shabbos Treat or a special Sunday outing, etc.

I disagree about giving community consequences. I think it's very unfair and will have negative repercussions.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 7:05 am
Are they otherwise neurotypical? Any other behavioral or developmental concerns? Apparently this is a common thing in the pandas community, a symptom of brain inflammation.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 7:55 am
Genius wrote:
Moms in all situations have my full and complete sympathy. I feel their pain, discomfort and stress keenly every day.
I will continue to look at presented scenarios from my point of view. Call it judgement if you like.
We should start a campaign “Open those Doors! Before it Pours!”

Agree,

Besides what in the world does this example (being desperate in a park) have to do with ops post?

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 7:56 am
ADHD- severe impulsiveness maybe?

amother
Maple

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 7:58 am
As a mom of 8 boys, this is not standard but not totally wild either.
It's probably just pure laziness.
Try sending them to the bathroom as though they were newly trained so they go more often.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 8:07 am
Could you reward them when they go in the toilet? Like have a reward jar that they put a popsicle stick in when they go in the toilet. When they get to a certain number of popsicle sticks they get a prize. But if they go out of the toilet then they get a certain number of popsicle sticks taken out. Eventually the habit will stop.

amother
Glitter

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 8:13 am
Following.

My 6 1/2-year-old does this too. It’s usually because he’s downstairs playing and we don’t have a toilet in the main floor and he’s too lazy to go upstairs.

The consequence is that I make him spill it outside and throw out the cup or bowl but unfortunately, it does not seem to be much of a deterrent for him.

My child is on the spectrum.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 8:17 am
amother Glitter wrote:
Following.

My 6 1/2-year-old does this too. It’s usually because he’s downstairs playing and we don’t have a toilet in the main floor and he’s too lazy to go upstairs.

The consequence is that I make him spill it outside and throw out the cup or bowl but unfortunately, it does not seem to be much of a deterrent for him.

For this I would recommend implementing a bathroom time every so often. Every 2 or 3 hours it is time to go to the bathroom.

amother
Glitter

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 8:19 am
amother Lightcoral wrote:
For this I would recommend implementing a bathroom time every so often. Every 2 or 3 hours it is time to go to the bathroom.

This only happens in the wee hours in the morning when I’m not around. (And don’t suggest I get up with him at 5am.) my sleep is too precious I rather deal with his messes of open drinks and snacks and nosh and pee when I wake up.

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 8:19 am
amother OP wrote:
Every other day one or some of my little boys aged 6, 4 and 3 make in places other than the toilet. I don't always know who it is. Sometimes it's in a garbage can, sometimes the pail for washing the floor, once in a toy container, once in the magazine compartment of our couch, sometimes just on the floor, and often outdoors on the grass.
What do I do??????????
I've told them so many times how inappropriate it is, strongly and firmly and calmly and yelling at different times, and I just don't know what to do!!

(I won't be able to respond right away but will check this later... gotta do bedtime..)

I have 5 boys and never had this! Start disciplining by sitting them all down and telling them there will be severe punishment for whoever does this and then if it happens again you question them you will find the culprit

amother
Mocha

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 8:22 am
amother Marigold wrote:
Quit the judgment please! I guess you were never in a situation of a little kid either peeing their pants or peeing behind some bushes. There's nothing wrong with doing that in an emergency.

But another poster says she teaches and encourages her kids to do this when they go to the park, which is very different from a one off emergency.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 8:33 am
amother Mocha wrote:
But another poster says she teaches and encourages her kids to do this when they go to the park, which is very different from a one off emergency.

If the park has locked bathrooms every weekend, yes, this is something you will teach and encourage very young children to do. Or, if you're like me, the only local park has NO bathroom! And it's a 20 minute walk home. So yeah, three year olds are taught and encouraged to go in nature.

amother
Glitter

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 8:49 am
amother Calendula wrote:
I have 5 boys and never had this! Start disciplining by sitting them all down and telling them there will be severe punishment for whoever does this and then if it happens again you question them you will find the culprit

Count your blessings then.

I have one and he had gross habits. Not for the lack of teaching.

amother
Blueberry

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 8:59 am
amother Glitter wrote:
Following.

This is a different situation. If you have the means and the space put in a bathroom on the floor the kids play. I say he's still young enough that it's hard for him to climb a flight of steps when he has to go. I'm not justifying going in a cup. But I would make him go before he plays.

amother
Marigold

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 9:04 am
amother Mocha wrote:

When they're in the park and the bathroom is locked, or no bathroom in the park & it takes long to get home. What else are they supposed to do? Pee their pants? Come on! That's an emergency.

amother
Glitter

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 9:10 am
amother Blueberry wrote:
This is a different situation. If you have the means and the space put in a bathroom on the floor the kids play. I say he's still young enough that it's hard for him to climb a flight of steps when he has to go. I'm not justifying going in a cup. But I would make him go before he plays.

I rent so nothing I can do for now. Although I wish, I’m trim to potty train my toddler now and it’s really hard. (I’m just going to cave and get a potty but I don’t my the 6.5 year old to start using it as a norm.) And I explained in my next post that this happens in the wee hours of the morning only.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children