Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Uncomfortable in doona

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 9:26 pm
My baby screams like crazy every time I put him in the doona so going in the car is so stressful for us. Someone told me that the doona is an uncomfortable position for the baby and I should get a different car seat. Has anyone had an experience like this and it made a difference?

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 9:28 pm
Yes. I switched my baby to the convertible car seat at 6 months.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 9:29 pm
Oh wow good to know, what brand do you recommend?

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 9:29 pm
Also sold mine. My baby was miserable.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 10:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
Oh wow good to know, what brand do you recommend?
I bought graco extend2fit but there are a lot of good options. That one is well priced.

amother
Whitewash

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 10:09 pm
Lots of babies hate the doona..I did not know this. Bought it like every one else...
Baby screamed and screamed..I carefully observed other newborn babies ...60% were uncomfortable and cried miserably..
Spoke to many mothers who all said the same..
The doona is great for older babies around age 7 or 8 months or so when they can sit up better.
Until then from newborn the position is simply uncomfortable and unnatural. They also develop head tilts.. I bought the graco and baby was so much happier..
Convertible car seat is good for older babies but if your baby is a newborn get a regular newborn Graco carseat..

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 10:12 pm
I didn't have a doona but my baby was miserable in a different infant car seat. So I tried a convertible that is suitable from birth and she was so much happier.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 10:43 pm
Thank you all! If anyone has links for car seats they recommend I would be so grateful.
My baby is now 6 months but he’s small for his age…

amother
Cappuccino

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 10:43 pm
yes my baby was miserable every time I put him into the doona. now that he is seven months old he is a little happier in there but is growing out of it due to his size.

amother
Peru

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 10:55 pm
https://www.gracobaby.com/car-......html

I have this carseat and love it!

Rabbit613

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 1:19 am
As a newborn my baby was very happy in the doona. Now at 6 months he cries everytime he goes in.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 1:39 am
There are lots of reasonably priced, comfortable, well-made, convertible car seats.
Look for a more narrow one if you have a smaller car.

amother
Vanilla

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 6:06 am
FWIW my baby hates her car seat and I have an Evenflo. I just understood it to be a normal baby thing. She's 2 months.

amother
Mimosa

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 6:25 am
A lot of babies don't like being in car seats and they will scream no matter what car seat they're in. I've been tempted by the idea of a lie flat car seat and wonder whether that would be better. I've seen it from nuna, maxi cosi and I think another couple of brands that make it.

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 7:56 am
Most babies are buckled incorrectly so check that regardless of the seat you use. Also are you putting him in with a coat on? That’s unsafe and uncomfortable. If none of those then switch to a convertible.

How to buckle correctly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFw42EiekCU

Winter gear in a car seat https://thecarseatlady.com/warmandsafe/

amother
Daphne

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 9:04 am
Yup both of my babies hated it and when I got a regular infant car seat they were noticeably happier in the car, the doona is terrible. Not going to use if for my next one iyh.

amother
Marigold

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 9:12 am
I have this one

Graco® Turn2Me™ 3-in-1 Car Seat, Manchester https://a.co/d/5dLqwnD

I paid $100 less

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 9:29 am
OP I recommend that you actually go into a store that has a car seat selection (Walmart, target, any baby store etc) and put your baby into the car seats on display to see how she fits and if she’s comfortable.

Also, your baby is only 6 months. If you still want some of the convenience of a doona then you should go with an infant seat that clicks into a car base and can “snap n go” into wheels instead of a car seat that stays in the car. If your baby is small you should get another 6-9 months of use from it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics