Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Did keto or low-carb help you with brain fog?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 11:21 am
I've had really bad brain fog lately and need to do something! I already exercise and take a multivitamin.

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 11:36 am
I never went keto or even low carb technically, but cutting out gluten, dairy and most grains helped me feel a lot more clear headed and wake up feeling refreshed instead of drugged.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 11:42 am
amother Quince wrote:
I never went keto or even low carb technically, but cutting out gluten, dairy and most grains helped me feel a lot more clear headed and wake up feeling refreshed instead of drugged.

Yes, I've been feeling drugged, that describes it perfectly. I've never done drugs except at the dentist, but I've been feeling all day every day like I just got out of the dentist, minus the mouth pain.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 11:43 am
amother Quince wrote:

Can you eat higher carb nuts like cashews and pistachios? Lentils? With no brain fog...

amother
Forsythia

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 11:44 am
Yes, was a big help.

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 12:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes, I've been feeling drugged, that describes it perfectly. I've never done drugs except at the dentist, but I've been feeling all day every day like I just got out of the dentist, minus the mouth pain.
Mine was never that severe, more just an overall sluggishness, and foggy feeling when waking up. Aside for gluten and dairy, I limit sugar and grains and processed foods but eat pretty much everything else. I try to eat pro metabolic as well, so if I was eating carb heavy like squashes, tubers, lentils beans etc, I try to balance it out with extra proteins and fats.

I think with severe brain fog I'd look into infections like ebv and lyme, b vitamin deficiencies, and also subclinical thyroid issues. Though diet is foundational and cleaning it up can't hurt.

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 1:11 pm
For me it was like a miracle drug.

Going off carbs is so hard but it gave me my brain back. I was in a constant daze. I had it to an extreme. I could barely form a decent sentence.

Just wish keto wouldn’t be so hard!

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 1:21 pm
Not the OP

But for those of you that went off certain foods can you tell me what your day looks like? What are the main foods you eat and what are the main foods you stay away from?

I’ve been having fears that I have a brain tumor or dementia chv because of my absent mindedness.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 1:23 pm
amother Quince wrote:

I think with severe brain fog I'd look into infections like ebv and lyme, b vitamin deficiencies, and also subclinical thyroid issues. Though diet is foundational and cleaning it up can't hurt.

What type of practitioner would listen to me and check for these?

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 1:25 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
What type of practitioner would listen to me and check for these?
A functional medicine doctor

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 1:34 pm
amother Quince wrote:
A functional medicine doctor

How do I go about finding one? I’m located in Lakewood and I assume it’s not covered by insurance?

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 1:41 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
How do I go about finding one? I’m located in Lakewood and I assume it’s not covered by insurance?
I'm sure he's pricey but he may be able to help https://www.kellmancenter.com/.....D_BwE

amother
Forsythia

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 1:46 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
Not the OP

But for those of you that went off certain foods can you tell me what your day looks like? What are the main foods you eat and what are the main foods you stay away from?

I’ve been having fears that I have a brain tumor or dementia chv because of my absent mindedness.

I'm not currently doing keto, but I ate eggs, lots of veggies at every meal, usually zuchhini, frozen spinach, sometimes frozen broccoli, fish twice a week, soup, cheese, olives, sometimes nuts. Unsweetened greek yogurt sometimes, salads with cheese and hardboiled eggs. Plenty of healthy fats.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise