Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
I finally found my dream car stroller!

Yael

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:31 pm
For many years I have been looking for the perfect stroller to keep in the car.
My dream stroller would be very lightweight, fold compactly like an umbrella, be easy to push, and also include an almost fully reclining seat for napping, a sun canopy and a basket.
Over the years I owned one that reclined but had no basket, found one that seemed durable but didn't recline, and I just couldn't find all these requirements in the same stroller.

Until now.

I have to say that I am extremely pleased with my new Inglesina Trip stroller.
It arrived fully assembled, and I never needed to look at the instructions. Its easy to open, easy to fold, and easy to push with medium wheels. Its simple to recline the seat which is almost fully reclining, a rare thing for an umbrella stroller! The basket is easily accessible, the canopy is a decent size, though mine has a tendency to pop off sometimes; and at only 14 pounds, it's very lightweight. A cup holder and rain cover are also included.

The only thing I didn't like was that the brakes stick out from the back just enough to make it difficult to pull the stroller up the stairs. The brake locks every time I pull it up, and it makes climbing the stairs without another person helping, very frustrating.

I like that the storage capabilities of the trip seem to be endless. I went on a day trip with my family last week. After putting my 1 year old in the stroller we started loading it up with bags. First came the diaper bag which draped nicely over the two handles, then an umbrella b/c it looked like rain, then came a medium cooler which draped over the handles, plus my purse and camera case. Then bags of utensils and water bottles in the basket, and back pocket of the canopy. Papers and tickets went between the folds of the canopy. By the time we were done loading the stroller, it was quite heavy, but I am impressed with the way it still pushed easily, and as long as my baby stayed in the stroller it never tipped over. (when we took him out, it flipped every time, naturally with about 30 pounds of stuff hanging there, what do you expect??? Smile)

I am very happy with my stroller, and I highly recommend it to anyone who needs a smaller stroller, with all the features of a big one!

The Inglesina Trip can be purchased from www.mystrollers.com
It retails for $179.99 but I notice its on sale right now for $169.99

Rivky

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:33 pm
Thanks! This definitely will help when making my decision in buying one!!!

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 3:10 pm
back in the day that is what we used ... or a maclaren ... but now they make hugh caravans - I wonder how they are lugged around town ... may as well have those really old fashioned buggies ... that looked like a bed on wheels ...

glad people are coming back to their senses

Tamiri

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 3:21 pm
greenfire wrote:

Um, did you see the price of the "car" stroller? Back in the day, we bought a $20 one to keep in the car.

baba

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 3:28 pm
I have an easy baby, which does everything you talked about and probably paid about the same price in shekels (dont remember how much it was, but it was the 2nd cheapest in the store). It's not as smooth as our stroller though, but that's a bugaboo, so I really wasnt expecting that.

montrealmommy

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 4:21 pm
Yael - how does it handle Montreal winters? Esp. the kind like we just had with ohrrid street and sidewalk cleaning?

Tefila

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 5:04 pm
Well I guess thats why she called it her dream car one Wink
Besides in minus something whose taking a baby out anyways Confused

chaylizi

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 5:08 pm
Tamiri wrote:
greenfire wrote:

Um, did you see the price of the "car" stroller? Back in the day, we bought a $20 one to keep in the car.

those $20 strollers are only good for women who are 4 feet tall & never go shopping with their kids. there are cheaper strollers to be had of course- chicco, graco has an umbrella now, etc... you could also look on ebay and get a earlier model year- say 2006 instead for less money.

montrealmommy

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 5:16 pm
Quote:
Well I guess thats why she called it her dream car one
Besides in minus something whose taking a baby out anyways

I know you were kidding but, we go out on trips with the kids in the winter, dh and I are both snow lovers, dh cross-country skiis, the kids are learning to skate, we go toboganning and just genereally play outside - the crisp fresh air is great - I know I sound nuts, but I was raised here and just love winter (although as a parent who has to drive and work I am less fond of the ice and snow than when I just get to enjoy)

Also, winter is the only time we can go out Fri. night for a meal b/c it's early enough!

Cdlf

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 6:49 pm
I love my Graco Journey for the car. it was $50- on sale at target, almost fully reclines, has a great basket on the bottom, folds and opens with one hand, and has larger wheels than the Maclaren. It is also compatible to snap in the graco carseat which I used to use. If you buy both the carseat and stroller it's a really good deal at around $169- and it is really nice looking in a beige and black plaid. If anybody else has it let me know how you like it.

shlumzmum

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 8:16 pm
I had the inglesina trip. about the long brakes, I had it cut that it shouldn't stick out from the weals and I could still use it

the only problem that I had with it is that it broke very fast, it keeps on folding when my child sits in.
didn't have a chance yet to have it fixed, I hope they'll be able to fix it

whatever

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 10:33 pm
wow yael and I just HATE this stroller. after 6 mos of use the front wheels would no longer push comfortably, it kept on getting stuck. it happened cause the back wheels got worn off, and it was only my extra stroller, and the whole weight of the stroller tilted to the back causing the front wheels to be suspended in mid air making it impossible to push. besides the side bars were starting to bend in half after about a year. good part though is that Inglesina replaced the stroller for me for free and know after four months of use I am starting to experience the same problem.
good luck anyway!

Cdlf

Post Tue, Aug 05 2008, 12:42 pm
I made a mistake! it's the Evenflo journey and it's now $69.99 at Target and they sometimes have it on sale and free shipping.

karen berzon

Post Tue, Aug 05 2008, 3:50 pm
I have been through many car strollers, my oldest is almost 21 - I now have the City Mini Baby Jogger and it is the best in every way. Definatley deserves the title of a dream car stroller. I read the reviews on it and was amazed that every person had only good things to say - you usually read mixed reviews about products. I know it is a fairly new product, but none the less, to read only good things in all the reviews was amazing.

qeenB

Post Tue, Aug 05 2008, 7:20 pm
I also have the trip and I think it was the biggest waste of money. the front wheels just dont move well. all the other features are ok but when you are trying to push the stroller even on smooth surfaces and it doesnt go its very annoying. I previously had a maclaren that I loved and for a little more money I should have bought a maclaren again.

Yael

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 4:53 pm
I've only had it for a few months, so we'll see how it stands up over time.
I got it at the end of the winter, so sorry, I havent used it in the snow, but this past winter even my big wheeled stroller couldnt move in the blizzard we had with no sidewalk cleaning.

My main reason for loving it is that it reclines and I have yet to find another umbrella stroller that reclines almost flat.

Chanie

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 6:55 pm
I was looking for a stroller that did all this and I'm very happy with the silvercross pop which retails for $250 but I got it for $99 no tax , free shipping from Shnoop.com.
The carriage folds small, reclines, has a basket, and a canopy. So far I love it.
It's also a taller carriage then most umbrella strollers, making it comfortable for even my husband to push.

http://www.silvercrosscanada.c......html
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics