Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning crew uses my bathroom after they clean it
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 9:17 am
amother OP wrote:
Whoa. Whoa! I'm sorry you feel triggered. I'm not rich.

Our definitions of the word rich are clearly very different.

As an employee, if someone told me when I am and am not allowed to use the bathroom, that would be the day I quit.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 9:22 am
And here I was thinking it was odd that my cleaning lady asks permission to use the bathroom.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 9:24 am
amother Turquoise wrote:

As an employee, if someone told me when I am and am not allowed to use the bathroom, that would be the day I quit.

I NEVER said they can't use it!! Your completely misinterpreting my words. I said they can use it before they clean it. Or wipe it down after.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 9:26 am
amother Turquoise wrote:

If your job was to clean the bathrooms?

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 9:28 am
amother Turquoise wrote:

OP did NOT say that they can't use the bathroom!!!
You're jealousy is making you misinterpreted her words.
OP has NO PROBLEM with them using the bathroom. They just need to clean it after themselves, because that's what they're paid to do.
It's that simple. Nothing far fetched or to be taken out of context.

(Having a cleaning crew, doesn't mean one is rich. You have absolutely no clue about anything regarding OP's life circumstances, and it's absolutely nobody's business & has nothing to do with this thread.)

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 9:30 am
When I have a cleaning lady, she uses the bathroom before she leaves. I doubt she wipes it down. Who cares? She’s not contaminated.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 9:31 am
amother Vermilion wrote:
OP has NO PROBLEM with them using the bathroom. They just need to clean it after themselves, because that's what they're paid to do.

(Having a cleaning crew, doesn't mean one is rich. You have absolutely no clue about anything regarding OP's life circumstances, and it's absolutely nobody's business & has nothing to do with this thread.)

This. Thank you.

amother
Narcissus

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 9:31 am
I must be missing something.
What is wrong with them using the bathroom after cleaning? Theyre not making a mess, its not getting dirty, theyre just using the toilet for goodness sake.
If they were leaving it visibly dirty then of course I'd say something...but to be offended because they used the bathroom after it was deep cleaned?
Would you not let then use it during the week? Assuming you would, whats the diff? You want to be the first one? Why?
It just sounds so offensive to me

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 9:34 am
amother Turquoise wrote:

I feel the same. If they want to use the bathroom before going to their next job, they now need to clean the bathroom again? Op, if you're a germaphobe, take a cleaning wipe and wipe the toilet seat.

amother
Seablue

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 9:40 am
amother OP wrote:
I NEVER said they can't use it!! Your completely misinterpreting my words. I said they can use it before they clean it. Or wipe it down after.

I think some context is lost. I am trying to wrap my head around that if someone has cleaning help daily, why the need to do a deep clean weekly. Is there an unusual amount of dirt in your home, or perhaps OCD related concerns?

Your view is coming off as you think the cleaning crew are dirty, unhealthy folks. And they are contaminating your bathroom by simply using it. If your child was to immediately use the bathroom after the deep clean, but prior to the crew leaving, would you ask them to wipe it down again. Understandably, the crew is not your children, but they're in your home cleaning your personal space for you. Would they be dirtying your kitchen sink if they would wash their hands after they had cleaned the sink?

If someone scrubs down your toilet from top to bottom, and then would be told to wipe it down again if they simply use the bathroom (without any mess), it is quite insulting.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 9:44 am
If you weren’t home, would you know that they used it after they cleaned it?

I can’t fathom monitoring when my cleaning lady uses the bathroom and being bothered if she uses it before she leaves. She’s not contaminated, she’s a normal person.

octopus

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 9:44 am
So what if she's a fastidious client! So what if she's a germaphobe. Some cleaning crews tape the toilet closed and put on a clean label so you know it hasn't been used since it was cleaned. I saw this in a place we once rented on vacation.

octopus

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 9:46 am
I clean my bathrooms all the time myself and I get annoyed when someone in my family wants to use the bathroom 10 seconds after I cleaned it. Go use the other two bathrooms that I didn't clean yet. Can't it be clean and disinfected for more than 10 seconds?!

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 9:52 am
amother Narcissus wrote:
I must be missing something.
What is wrong with them using the bathroom after cleaning? Theyre not making a mess, its not getting dirty, theyre just using the toilet for goodness sake.
If they were leaving it visibly dirty then of course I'd say something...but to be offended because they used the bathroom after it was deep cleaned?
Would you not let then use it during the week? Assuming you would, whats the diff? You want to be the first one? Why?
It just sounds so offensive to me

They're getting paid to clean & disinfect the bathroom & that's how they should leave it. It's that simple.
Just because it doesn't bother you, it doesn't mean that it can't bother others. There's nothing wrong with being bothered by it.
I clean down the bathroom whenever anyone other than my family living in the house uses it.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 9:53 am
amother Turquoise wrote:
When I have a cleaning lady, she uses the bathroom before she leaves. I doubt she wipes it down. Who cares? She’s not contaminated.

She's not contaminated, but everyone leaves bacteria and germs.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 9:54 am
amother Lilac wrote:
If you weren’t home, would you know that they used it after they cleaned it?

I can’t fathom monitoring when my cleaning lady uses the bathroom and being bothered if she uses it before she leaves. She’s not contaminated, she’s a normal person.

She's a normal person that's getting paid to leave a sparkling bathroom & that's how it should be. It's simple.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 9:59 am
amother Amber wrote:
I feel the same. If they want to use the bathroom before going to their next job, they now need to clean the bathroom again? Op, if you're a germaphobe, take a cleaning wipe and wipe the toilet seat.

The crew should take a wipe & wipe the toilet seat after themselves.

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 10:00 am
amother Vermilion wrote:

Having the money to have cleaning help every day plus a cleaning crew once a week in addition to living a frum lifestyle which is by definition exorbitant means you’re rich.

My point was that op is kind of being a rich snob, viewing her poor employees as disgusting, germy people because of their status.

Also, please reference this article to learn when to use the word ‘your’ vs ‘you’re’:

https://www.dictionary.com/e/your-vs-youre/

Op would benefit from reading it too.

amother
Lightpink

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 10:00 am
amother OP wrote:
It's not a whole week without it being clean! I have a cleaning lady every day. I just have once a week a deep clean.

No judgment just curious how much do you spend each week on cleaning help?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 10:02 am
amother Turquoise wrote:
Having the money to have cleaning help every day plus a cleaning crew once a week in addition to living a frum lifestyle which is by definition exorbitant means you’re rich.

My point was that op is kind of being a rich snob, viewing her poor employees as disgusting, germy people because of their status.

Also, please reference this article to learn when to use the word ‘your’ vs ‘you’re’:

https://www.dictionary.com/e/your-vs-youre/

Op would benefit from reading it too.

Lol. Never ever have I said their disgusting because of their status. Your middos are really lacking to come out at people like this about a grammar error.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics