Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Decision making

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 10:00 pm
I'm very bad at making decisions, therefore I end up not buying myself anything cuz it's too hard to decide and I end up with nothing. What helps u with your shopping decisions?

amother
Red

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 10:12 pm
Can you take a decisive person with you?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 10:16 pm
yes but then I feel like it was not my decision, someone else decided for me

salt

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 12:57 am
Think how much money you're saving. I think it's great not to buy things unless you really need them.
I assume it's things you don't really need.
If you had to buy something, would you also not buy it - eg. your toilet seat broke - would you not buy a new one for lack of being able to decide?
If your kid grew out of last year's sandals, would you not buy him new ones next summer?

Or are you talking about a new outfit, a watch, new bedding, luxury food items?

Your way round is much better than someone who cannot decide and therefore buys everything and anything. eg. can't decide which colour cushions will go with my couch, so I'll buy white ones, brown ones and red ones and green ones, worse comes to worst I won't use some/.

Success10

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 1:00 am
What's holding you back from deciding? Are you afraid that by comitting to one thing, you'll be missing out on something potentially better?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 1:51 am
I shop well and enjoy it when I’ve decided beforehand what I’m shopping for. I’m also quite efficient.
If I don’t have a plan, I’m terribly indecisive and take forever. I’m also less likely to be happy with my purchases.

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 4:53 am
I am indecisive and I procrastinate because of it. I think it’s because of a streak of perfectionism and what if I make the wrong decision. I have to really believe that every decision comes with it the risk of not being happy with that decision and that’s ok. We never know what’s down the other path. Easier said than done.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 5:09 am
I’m similar ish lately I’ve been decisive and ended up regretting my decisions. I have 3 denim skirts I don’t wear much, an expensive silk top that’s actually see through (didn’t notice in the store)…
A wig that annoys me… make that two wigs…

amother
Snow

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 5:16 am
salt wrote:
Think how much money you're saving. I think it's great not to buy things unless you really need them.
I assume it's things you don't really need.
If you had to buy something, would you also not buy it - eg. your toilet seat broke - would you not buy a new one for lack of being able to decide?
If your kid grew out of last year's sandals, would you not buy him new ones next summer?

Or are you talking about a new outfit, a watch, new bedding, luxury food items?

Your way round is much better than someone who cannot decide and therefore buys everything and anything. eg. can't decide which colour cushions will go with my couch, so I'll buy white ones, brown ones and red ones and green ones, worse comes to worst I won't use some/.

True point, but inability to make decisions is really crippling. It usually goes hand in hand with feeling guilty and regretting purchases as well.

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 6:25 am
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
I’m similar ish lately I’ve been decisive and ended up regretting my decisions. I have 3 denim skirts I don’t wear much, an expensive silk top that’s actually see through (didn’t notice in the store)…
A wig that annoys me… make that two wigs…

Hm I don’t regret decisions as much as the indecisiveness cripples me.
Even if I end up with stuff im not happy with, decisive people also do.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 6:26 am
For clothing- a palette was invaluable. I know what I like anyways but it's so easy for me to follow and it makes the decisions for me.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 6:31 am
amother Opal wrote:
I am indecisive and I procrastinate because of it. I think it’s because of a streak of perfectionism and what if I make the wrong decision. I have to really believe that every decision comes with it the risk of not being happy with that decision and that’s ok. We never know what’s down the other path. Easier said than done.

I am super decisive and still a procrastinator
I always know exactly what I want and I have never regretted a decision- from a dress in a store, the house I want to buy, expensive jewelry, paint colors, you name it. I know what I want.
So I’m not sure if it is related
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics