Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Do majority of families in Lakewood rent out their basement?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

GLUE

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 7:10 pm
amother Turquoise wrote:
Dont get the point of youre post? Youre trying to tell me that what I wrote might not be true? I know this for a fact. How, you want to know? Its not info I need to share. You could choose not to believe what I shared. But its 100% true. I didnt hear it from an agent. I was sort of dealing with the seller.

From the way I was reading Chayalle post it sounded like she was agreeing with you that Real Estate Agents are trying to jack-up the price.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 7:23 pm
I understood it differently. Sorry, if I misjudged what you wrote.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 7:48 pm
I do believe there are many very Ehrlich real estate agents. I also believe there are many who will have to give din vcheshbon for purposely changing the landscape of Lakewood and forcing the yungerleit out. I know times change but there are ruthless agents who see nothing but their own inflated bottom line and the results are....

Otoh now that Lakewood js no longer a place where it's almost easy to stay in learning, it does separate the men from the boys. Those who stay in kollel are really sacrificing to do so!

Simple1

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 8:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
Someone told me that this is what most people do in order to pay their mortgage.
I would not want people living in my basement. How does everyone deal with the lack of privacy?

At first I felt resistant to having people live in our basement, but I got used to it and almost don’t even notice. And the passive income is worth it. We charge somewhat below market value and are assuming this will keep the complaints to a minimum. S far it’s working BH.

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 8:56 pm
I'm not in Lakewood but rent out my basement. I started ten years ago when I moved in and needed the income more. Now bh I can Afford not to but the apartment is already set up and I get nice rent so why not. I barely notice my tenants and have barely had issues throughout the years. Bh
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries