Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Oral surgeon who takes United Healthcare Community Plan?
Previous  1  2

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 1:56 am
I had a wisdom tooth pulled at Dr Birnbaums office and was very happy. Did anyone have implants done there?

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 2:01 pm
Bumping this thread.
Called Birnbaum - doesn’t take UHC Community Plan anymore. Neither does Marc Hertz.
Zeitlin has no appts for months but does take the insurance.
Any other recommendations please for a GOOD oral surgeon that takes UHC Community Plan?
Having a really hard time finding someone.

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 6:55 pm
Just FYI, all the medicaid hmos will have to cover root canals and implants as of February 2024. You should receive a note 8n the mail. Imalready got from one 9f them today.

Chances are if insurance has to pay for it, more oral surgeons will start accepting insurance. You may want to wait out the month if you can

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 8:08 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:
Just FYI, all the medicaid hmos will have to cover root canals and implants as of February 2024. You should receive a note 8n the mail. Imalready got from one 9f them today.

Chances are if insurance has to pay for it, more oral surgeons will start accepting insurance. You may want to wait out the month if you can

isrmss91

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 8:08 pm
Wow that's great,
Alot of Dentists stopped taking UHC. I am still on the search for a good one in Flatbush, Wanted to try Rambam, but they are not taking in new patients.

tinyspark

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 12:49 am
https://sheepsheadbayoralsurgery.com/
Dr.gefon. 718-743-5400
My husband used him in October. He was quick and efficiant.There are other dr.s there but no experience with them.
He took uhc then.

tinyspark

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 12:50 am
You don't have to wait long for appointment either.

amother
Feverfew

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 3:54 am
I just went to this place for a tooth removal and im doing implant. they were very good nice doctors and nice office.

Sheepshead Bay Oral Surgery PLLC

(718) 743-5400

right now they don't cover implant.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 2:02 pm
Just fyi, I was told by a dentist who does accept UHC Community Plan that even if they approved the work needed (besides extraction, which he doesn’t do) he would not take the job because they don’t pay enough to make it worth his while.
Well why claim to take the insurance then?? It’s not a huge amount of work at all. I’m disgusted. For a frum yid to see someone in pain, struggling financially and not willing to do the work that he would be paid for, (just less than he would usually charge) is appalling to me. I understand that many dentists no longer accept this plan because of how little they pay, but if you still accept it, do the work that they cover!
Rant over!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries