Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lakewood - guidance where to send 8th grade son -highschool

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 12:17 pm
Hi , my first son is in eighth grade. He is a smart well liked boy. We are clueless as to where to send for mesivta. The rebbe makes me very uncomfortable and I don't trust him or his opinion. I'm looking for a third party, objective opinion who can guide us as to where to send my son for mesivta. Willing to pay whatever it takes. Someone who can assess my son and give us guidance as to which yeshiva would be an appropriate fit. Anyone know anyone who does this?

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 12:19 pm
Rabbi binyomin Strauss

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 12:51 pm
Either Rabbi Strauss. Or see what the Rebbi says and ask around to figure out if its the right level and place.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 6:00 pm
Bump

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 9:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi , my first son is in eighth grade. He is a smart well liked boy. We are clueless as to where to send for mesivta. The rebbe makes me very uncomfortable and I don't trust him or his opinion. I'm looking for a third party, objective opinion who can guide us as to where to send my son for mesivta. Willing to pay whatever it takes. Someone who can assess my son and give us guidance as to which yeshiva would be an appropriate fit. Anyone know anyone who does this?

What dont you trust?

You can also speak to 7th grade rebbe to get a different assessment, then speak to all your friends and relatives about mesivtas.

However, unless you have your own pull, your school is highly influential in getting your son placed in a competitive situation. So dont shut them out completely.

amother
Burntblack

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 10:23 pm
Do you have family that can help? maybe a brother or brotherinlaw - prob best someone who knows your family and son. Most mesivta's (likely all) will talk to your son's rebbi so even if you don't trust his opinion, it might be wise to 'ask' him what he thinks. It will reflect well on you as a parent, and make him more inclined to give positive information.

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 7:32 am
R’ Strauss
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics