Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Silicone Ponyholders

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 2:55 am
How do you get these out of your toddlers' hair?! They look the neatest, but I can't seem to get them out of ds's hair without pulling some hair out with it (ouch).

Rappel

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 2:58 am
You don't. You tear the rubber band and unwind it. They hold the best, but they're single use, and that's why they come in packs of 100+

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 3:01 am
How do you tear them? I'm scared of them popping on my hand like a rubberband.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 3:04 am
I use the single use the colored rubbers matching the dress or clear ones and cut tbe rubber with scissor every night. It popps out without and pain and no hair is ripped out.

Rappel

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 3:05 am
amother OP wrote:
How do you tear them? I'm scared of them popping on my hand like a rubberband.

Hold his hair so he doesn't feel the pull.

With your other hand, stretch the pony tail until it breaks. I guess you could also use nail scissors it the like.

I don't remember the snap hurting me, but I haven't used them in a while. The ones I used were very tiny and thin - silicone bands that were almost small enough to wear on my finger.

Is that what you're using?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 3:08 am
Yup. Those tiny little bands that fit on your finger. I guess I'll try ripping it and see if it hurts. Otherwise I can use a scissor but scared to cut his hair (we've still got another year till his chalakah)

love2run

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 3:28 am
We use a seem ripper to cut it out.

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 8:28 am
I either take it out while shampooing or I cut/tear it. If on shabbos, I take a little out at a time. I just pinch some of it by the scalp and pull it out. In the end there's one or two hairs that are stuck.. let it come out alone.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 8:32 am
I didn't know people cut them out. I always pull them out and just deal with crying. I don't think id be able to break it so easily

mudpies

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 8:35 am
Is it muttar to tear them on Shabbos?

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 8:41 am
mudpies wrote:

I don'g know, I think the problem is tearing out the hairs off the head

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 8:46 am
Kitsch 3pcs Elastic Hair Tie Cutter Tool - Elastic Rubber Band Cutter for Hair Ties Removal, Hair Elastic Cutter for Kids Hair, Holiday Gift, Hair Elastic Band Cutter, Ponytail Cutter Tool for Toddler https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BQ.....ss_tl

I bought this. It’s to cut it (but then obviously you can’t reuse it)

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 8:46 am
mudpies wrote:

I was told we can cut it with a knife, just pull the top rubber a bit slice it open and it comes out, no hair is pulled our cut.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 8:52 am
They’re abusive honestly.

Unless you cut them with a scissors. Then it’s ok.

They have different kind of pony rubbers on the shelf. Why the need to use the ones that will hurt the child?

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 8:52 am
I use the med. size from the company PEONY for my 1.5 yr. old and never need to tear it, I just take one strand of the pony holder stretch it, and unwind it the opposite way it went on.

amother
Birch

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 8:56 am
Hair Elastic Band Cutter,Rubber Hair Tie Remover Easy to Remove Disposable Rubber Band Tool(3 Pcs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B9.....ss_tl

These make it very easy to remove.

essgee

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 9:18 am
There's a special tool u can buy on amazon that cuts the rubber. Works like a seam ripper badically

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 9:27 am
amother Nasturtium wrote:

They have different kind of pony rubbers on the shelf. Why the need to use the ones that will hurt the child?

Stop throwing around the word abuse!!!
Most people here are saying that they cut it.
Yes, there are other kinds of rubbers on the shelf, but for certain hair, only those work & it's not abuse. Relax.

tryinghard

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 10:05 am
Rappel wrote:
You don't. You tear the rubber band and unwind it. They hold the best, but they're single use, and that's why they come in packs of 100+

My mind is just blown right now. This makes so much more sense, I don’t know why that never occurred to me 😂.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 2:36 pm
amother Nasturtium wrote:

Once that are small enough for little toddlers with not much hair? Would be happy to hear
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics