Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Can an organizer help with this?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 10:20 am
We have 5 rooms and 3 kids, each kid in their own room and me and dh in the master bedroom. That leaves one guestroom. We’d like to ttc. Would an organizer be able to figure out a way to keep everything neat and minimalist so that I can pair up the baby with a dc or maybe but dd into the guestroom in a way that can easily be switched into a guestroom when we need it, by her moving out?

We’d like to build an addition for a guestroom but working on saving the 30k or so we’d need…

If yes approx how much would this cost?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 4:44 am
Bump

amother
Hyacinth

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 4:46 am
As a professional organizer, yes that definitely part of the things we do.

amother
Mimosa

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 5:26 am
Why do you need an organizer though? You keep the baby in your room at first, then when they’re past the waking-at-night-to-nurse/feed stage, you put them in the bedroom of a same-gender sibling. My kids all shared a closet and dresser. You just designate different drawers/shelves for each child.

I wouldn’t want my kid in the guestroom because when they’re a bit older and have to move out anytime you have guests, it could disrupt their routine and make them harder to put to bed.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 5:51 am
amother Mimosa wrote:
Why do you need an organizer though? You keep the baby in your room at first, then when they’re past the waking-at-night-to-nurse/feed stage, you put them in the bedroom of a same-gender sibling. My kids all shared a closet and dresser. You just designate different drawers/shelves for each child.

I wouldn’t want my kid in the guestroom because when they’re a bit older and have to move out anytime you have guests, it could disrupt their routine and make them harder to put to bed.

My kids have historically been at the wake-in-middle-of-night-to-nurse stage for 1.5-2 years… I need my privacy. I can’t sleep normally with a baby in my room because I’m anxious about every single sound that might wake the baby up and I’ll have to nurse them

We would only have guests on Shabbos and it’s not so frequent so I’m not worried about disrupting. They can sleep in my room on those few occasions, probably no more than 5 times throughout the year

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 5:51 am
amother Hyacinth wrote:
As a professional organizer, yes that definitely part of the things we do.

Awesome ty! Are you in Lakewood?

amother
Hyacinth

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 5:53 am
amother OP wrote:
Awesome ty! Are you in Lakewood?

I’m not, but there are plenty of amazing organizers there.
I can help you find.
Do you have a budget you would like to stick to?
Would also be happy to try to help you do it yourself if you’re interested.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 6:36 am
I don't understand why you need an organizer. It's very normal to put kids together in a room. If you have 3 kids now, why don't you put two of them in the same room and then have the other room for the baby?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics