Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I wear a shpitzel, AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 11:39 am
amother Acacia wrote:
How many different shpitzels does the average wearer own? How long do they last? And how hard is the upkeep?

I would say the normal is to get 2-3 when you get married. One for every day, and then 1-2 for Shabbos and simchos. They last pretty well (at least five years) but obviously depends on how much you wear them. There is minimal upkeep, (no shaitel macher appointments obviously:)
Your thinking about changing?

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 12:02 pm
brooklyn11211 wrote:
I did not say its not a sacrifice, I am just saying it does not mean what it once did, and its still yunchy LOL

I respectfully disagree. I think if you do it right, you can look fantastic.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 12:23 pm
What's the difference between wearing a shpitzel tied up on the head and a shpitzel with the ties hanging down like a tichel? Do you wear it differently every day? Is it a trend that changes?

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 1:18 pm
amother Gray wrote:
What's the difference between wearing a shpitzel tied up on the head and a shpitzel with the ties hanging down like a tichel? Do you wear it differently every day? Is it a trend that changes?

It’s just the way of tying the tichel. Arop or aroif. You don’t switch back and forth. Either you tie up all the time or down all the time. It’s not a rule, it’s just the way people do it. It is a trend that changes, now most people bind up, some older people bind down, and maybe in Monroe down is a little more common than in other places, but overall most bind up

amother
Cyclamen

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 12:49 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:
I respectfully disagree. I think if you do it right, you can look fantastic.

100%

amother
DarkYellow

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:25 pm
amother Maize wrote:
Would you believe me if I told you that I wear a longish shaitel, some would call me more to the shtaty side, and somehow my husband loves the shpitzel look, so much so that we actually own a shpitzel for the privacy of our home

Its not that weird my husband has the same thing! He likes shpitzel veise zucken etc. But would never want me to actually wear a shpitzel in real life. There is this concept of men being attracted to religious clothing…

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:16 am
that is interesting, did you ever do anything about it? would you as far as I did?

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:37 am
amother Maize wrote:
that is interesting, did you ever do anything about it? would you as far as I did?

Which is...?

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:38 am
Just curious, the ones that wear a sheitel, how did you guys get a shpitzel, doesn't it have to be fitted?

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:42 am
amother Teal wrote:
Which is...?

To buy a shpitzel for at home

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:44 am
amother Teal wrote:
Just curious, the ones that wear a sheitel, how did you guys get a shpitzel, doesn't it have to be fitted?

There are a few basic measurements that can be asked over the phone, its probably not 100% perfect but its almost, and the color is also basic

GLUE

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:47 am
amother Teal wrote:

Why should the lady selling shpitzels care if you are wearing a sheital?
You are the customer spending your money on her product, why should she care?

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:49 am
amother Maize wrote:
There are a few basic measurements that can be asked over the phone, its probably not 100% perfect but its almost, and the color is also basic

Did u have it delivered, or picked it up?

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 2:51 pm
amother Teal wrote:
Did u have it delivered, or picked it up?

I sent a messenger

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 5:27 pm
Roleplay/costumes in the bedroom is nothing new lol

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 10:39 am
amother Maize wrote:
To buy a shpitzel for at home

I’ve had a Shpitzel at home for a while before I changed. I bought mine in person, the lady told me many people wearing shaitels come to buy, some just to have, some because they are thinking about changing.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 10:58 am
amother Cyclamen wrote:
I’ve had a Shpitzel at home for a while before I changed. I bought mine in person, the lady told me many people wearing shaitels come to buy, some just to have, some because they are thinking about changing.

Yeah well... Can't do that...

amother
Maize

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 3:34 pm
amother Teal wrote:
Yeah well... Can't do that...

Would you like to get one?

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 6:28 pm
amother Maize wrote:
Would you like to get one?

Can you email me?
Created a special email

amother
DarkYellow

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 12:45 am
amother Maize wrote:

Where can I order shpitzel on phone? I never got one cuz felt weird walking into such a place… I did get myself palm tights which was weird enough for me and that kept DH happy meanwhile Smile
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics