Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What can I do about the cup holders on my couch?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 8:27 am
I don’t like the look. There was a mixup when I bought the couch and I didn’t realize I was getting a couch with 2 cup holders. Any way I can cover them up?

TR91

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 8:35 am
Not quite cover but fill with fake flowers?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 8:57 am
TR91 wrote:
Not quite cover but fill with fake flowers?

Flowers growing out of a sofa?

singleagain

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 8:58 am
If you don't really really don't like it that much, can you reach out to the company and see if they'll do an exchange? I mean is it still within warranty?

Also wear on the couch are the cup holders are on the armrests?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:16 am
It’s what’s called a console- which is a divider on the loveseat. There’s a compartment that opens for storage and then 2 cup holders.

This is the idea.

https://www.mybobs.com/furnitu.....42002

I’ve been trying to deal with the company but it’s a lost cause. They will only agree to take it back if I agree to a $500 restocking fee. I was ready to agree since it really bothers me but my husband is adamant that we should not lose the money and just keep the couch. I dislike it so much. It reminds me of the front seat of my minivan right in the middle of my living room.

Looking for creative ideas to disguise the console. Especially the cup holders.

scintilla

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:17 am
Keep the console closed always and put a pretty basket on top with couch pillows, magazines etc. Maybe you can find a way to latch/strap it on somehow

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:21 am
scintilla wrote:
Keep the console closed always and put a pretty basket on top with couch pillows, magazines etc. Maybe you can find a way to latch/strap it on somehow

Can you show me some ideas for a basket? Won’t it be too high?

scintilla

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:22 am
I don't have a specific one in mind but if you Google "low flat basket" it's what I mean.

amf

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:25 am
amother OP wrote:
Can you show me some ideas for a basket? Won’t it be too high?

You can also search for couch armrest basket/caddy
The basically go over the top of the armrest or console and you can but whatever you want there- a vase, magazine rack, throw, etc

Or, just put a small throw blanket over the console and a line of mini throw pillows

scintilla

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:26 am
amf wrote:
You can also search for couch armrest basket/caddy
The basically go over the top of the armrest or console and you can but whatever you want there- a vase, magazine rack, throw, etc

Or, just put a small throw blanket over the console and a line of mini throw pillows

Yes thank you that's what I meant by attaching it, a caddy exactly. That would stay in place better than just a basket.

singleagain

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:27 am
Perhaps you can look on Etsy and see if people make some sort of like cover to go in the couch and just kind of extend the cushion

Basically like permanent cups with a cushion on top

Amarante

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:30 am
Cover it with a pretty throw

Have someone made a "cover" for it in a pretty contrasting fabric

Keep console closed - you will get used to it.

If the photo you linked is the look of the sofa you bought it is a very casual piece of furniture and the part in the middle really doesn't detract from it. It is meant for a den and not a formal living space with elegant furniture.

It is intended for people to lounge and many of them have drinks while they lounge. Much easier to have your drink comfortably next to you while reading or watching television or even conversing. Having to reach in front to a coffee table is not generally comfortable when lounging.

As the saying goes - it is a feature and not a bug. LOL It would be viewed as a desirable feature for most people who buy a couch with two recliners based on how most of them would be using it.

Also it is functional since you have two recliners - if it didn't have some kind of armrest to divide the separate chairs, it would be very awkward.

Last edited by Amarante on Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:33 am
You can search for sofa arm tray and try to find something that will fit the dimensions you need

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:35 am
Glue a tile on top?

A coaster?

A slab of agate?

Coasters might be the right size, and round.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:13 am
I just ordered coasters in 2 different sizes.
It’s not really what I want but it can help.
I just want to get rid of the whole console look. I’ve been searching online for hours.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:19 am
Measure the dimensions and get a tray that is the right size, or slightly smaller. Keep tissues, magazines, or other small items there.

ray family

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:35 am
Can you just put a throw blanket over the console?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:37 am
ray family wrote:
Can you just put a throw blanket over the console?

That’s what I have now. Trying to hide the look..
But it’s not even. The cup holders are lower than the storage compartment. You can see the bump through the throw.

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:46 am
I have this type of loveseat and love it!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:57 am
amother Banana wrote:
I have this type of loveseat and love it!!

I didn’t mean to offend anyone who has this style. Obviously people do like this look a lot because there are a lot of couches being sold out there with consoles.
It’s just not what I was expecting.
I know it’s not the worst thing in the world but since I spent a lot of money I’m very disappointed. I’m okay with the look in a den/family room but it’s not what I wanted for my formal living room. It’s not what I thought I was getting.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics