Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Attn: Amothers in Europe - or who traveled there recently:

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 10:18 pm
We are going to be in Vienna in a few months (kind of business related - would rather not elaborate) and would like to take advantage since we are already flying out there from the US and travel a bit more.

I'd like to to know which cities you would recommend going to. The closer the better. Looking for something accessible by train if possible. If not, drivable with rented car would be choice #2. Kosher food available - doesn't need to be tons of choices or anything fancy - just want accessible and easy.

Also safety is a concern. Are there certain cities that are more or less safe to walk around in as a jew (and easily identified as such)?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:27 am
BUMP.

Anyone???

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 7:26 pm
Seriously? Nobody lives in or goes to this part of Europe and can give me just a little info?

bepositive

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 7:29 pm
Hi
You can go to Prague by train. It's a beautiful city with tons to see. There is a kosher hotel there called king David. There are also kosher restaurants. Also Budapest is nice. If you don't have enough time I would choose Prague.
The chasam sofer kever is 50 minutes by car in Bratislava.
You can pm me if you need any more info.

doctorima

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 7:45 pm
Here's a recent trip report on Dansdeals from someone who just got back from Vienna, Prague, and Pressburg to give you a sense of some options:

https://forums.dansdeals.com/I.....303.0

bellaball

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 8:04 pm
There’s the prater, an amusement park and also bike riding and bike rentals.
Beautiful palaces, you can take the tour around.
Chasam sofer kever js 45-50 min by car, in Bratislava.
There’s shopping like any place in Europe ,

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 8:25 pm
Thank you. Very helpful.

So if we went to both Prague and Budapest, and wanted to also add one more city - which is the next closest city from either (or from Vienna) that has interesting things to see, some kosher food available, and is considered safe?

I really wanted to go to Venice but I see it's a full day on the train. There is a night train. Anyone has traveled on one of these night trains and actually slept? Can tell me what the accommodations are like?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics