Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
If you were in a car accident-Ins. claim
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 12:11 am
amother Milk wrote:
I’m not in NJ, but someone scratched my minivan in a parking lot. The scratch didn’t look so bad, but it was so big that I needed basically the whole side of my van fixed up so it was a crazy amount of money. Like it started from the back window, went across the sliding door, stopped at the driver door. But each part that there was a scratch had to be replaced. It ended up being the bumper, the back panels, the door panels, tons of stuff. And it didn’t matter if there was a scratch from before somewhere else, the car had to be fixed and repainted and once it’s repainted the whole piece has to be repainted. So OP maybe that’s what happened to the other car. Yes, the damage from your car wasn’t bad, but if a lot had to be replaced it’s $$$$$$$. Good luck!

Technically yes. But, I know exactly where the damage was. it was in one spot, so yes, for example let's say I hit the door. so the door had to be replaced but I did not swipe the entire car so when the insurance company tells me they paid out to replace the back door, front door, side panel and front bumper that is totally ridiculous. I know exactly what damage I did. (the auto body shop even said it'll just cost $800!)

amother
Milk

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 12:38 am
Can you send a copy of the estimate and a copy of what was paid out and ask the insurance company what’s going on? Are you sure the other side is telling the truth? There should be a number to call for fraud. NJ should have a state government number to call also.

Raindance

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 3:01 am
I know a lawyer who deals with this. pm me

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 4:46 am
As someone whose car has been hit, it’s pretty standard to want to go through insurance. Otherwise you are left with a lot of back and forth and many times trying to nickel and dime and negotiate what really needs to be fixed.
What happened to me once was that they thought the damage and my initial quote was one amount but once they tried to fix it they saw thar something else had to be fixed to get to the broken part and then it turned into a fight. Additionally, if you don’t go through insurance you don’t get a rental car even if it means weeks without a car.
You have to remember that the insurance company won’t fix something if it’s nothing to do with the accident. Leave them to fight their battles, it doesn’t make any difference to you. (A claim is a claim)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics