Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Help me buy a van?

Beautiful

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 12:01 pm
Considerations are:
10 seats or more
Safe and Easy to drive, doesn't feel like you're driving a truck (maybe low down?)
Not $$$ or need frequent repairs
Can fit 2 car seats in a row without the third person being squished

What prices are, new or used?

Anyone have tips/tricks/ideas/guides/anything? I am not a car person so I really know nothing

lmc91

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 10:59 am
There are really only 2 options - Ford Transit 350 or Mercedes Sprinter. The sprinters are expensive and run on Diesel so we went with a Ford Transit. There is also the Nissan NV but they stopped making it a couple years ago, so it's very hard to find and there's concern over whether parts are available etc.

The Ford Transit can either be a 12 seater with a big trunk space, or a 15 seater with no trunk - the length of the van is the same. We opted for the 15 seater in case we need it in the future and just took out the back seats. It comes in low roof, medium room, and high roof. We got medium roof so kids can walk around and it's easier to buckle in carseats, but we don't fit in parking garages so that's something to keep in mind. It still kind of feels like driving a truck, but I'm getting used it.

There has been a big shortage of transits since Covid so the prices were very high and people ordering new ones were waiting for years. I heard that the supply is just starting to catch up now, so prices might go down within the next 6 months.

There are older vans, Ford e350s and another one I can't remember the name, if you are looking in a lower budget. But they don't have headrests for the back seats, and don't have side curtain airbags, and at this point haven't been made in almost 10 years (Ford switches from the e350 to the transit in 2015).

Hope that helps!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars