Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Kimball hospital billing help

oneofakind

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 12:50 pm
My DH was in a car accident a few years ago. He was taken to Kimball ER. The auto insurance is supposed to cover the bills. He spent hours on the phone with them because they kept sending us bills. A supervisor said she would take care of it but we just got billed by collections.
His other providers managed to get paid but these people can't. Anybody have any ideas?

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 1:09 pm
Did he have no fault insurance?

oneofakind

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 1:22 pm
Yes

oneofakind

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 1:22 pm
Yes

amother
Hawthorn

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 1:24 pm
Definitely start with the auto insurance if they said that they're going to pay. If you have a rep that you usually work with or who sold you the insurance, I would involve them because I find that insurance companies will faster listen to an insurance rep that brings them a lot of business than the customer.

Plus they may be able to give you the information of who to contact directly right away instead of being given the runaround.

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 1:25 pm
oneofakind wrote:
Yes

And you submitted the claim information to hospital admissions ? The name of the insurance, the claim Adjuster, claim # and address?

oneofakind

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 1:29 pm
Everything was submitted and it's still a run around. We called the local number for the auto insurance and someone in Africa picked up and was totally unhelpful. We plan to walk in to the local broker.

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 1:38 pm
oneofakind wrote:
Everything was submitted and it's still a run around. We called the local number for the auto insurance and someone in Africa picked up and was totally unhelpful. We plan to walk in to the local broker.

Hmmm I’m not sure that you did this correctly. Also no fault caps at 50k typically so your health insurance would be secondary. Did you give them the no fault info for coordination of benefits?

oneofakind

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 1:42 pm
My DH knows the details but the auto insurance says they never even got the bill, the total is about $10,000.

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 1:46 pm
oneofakind wrote:
My DH knows the details but the auto insurance says they never even got the bill, the total is about $10,000.

Make sure the accident was called in (from the police report) I’m a hosp sw so I’m very experienced with this. It’s very complicated

oneofakind

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 1:58 pm
I'm going to review this when he comes home so keep the ideas coming!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics