Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
DD being bullied on the school bus ;(

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 6:58 pm
Last week DD nursery age came home with two huge scratch marks on her face, said a girl on the bus did it. I spoke with the bus teacher, told her to keep an extra eye out and keep this girl away from my daughter. Today my daughter came home with another scratch on the other side of her face. I saw red. I told her (like I did the week before), to fight back. Scratch that girl back.
Asked my older daughter who goes on the bus with her (kindergarten age) why this girl did it, and she said she doesn’t like my daughter. I took matters into my hands and called the school. They said they’re aware of the problem and they’re trying to take care. I know the bus teacher is trying, wondering what else I could do. Wanted to go onto the bus and talk to this girl but DH says not to get involved like that. Figuring I can wait and see how the school handles this. What more can a mama do??

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 7:03 pm
Call the mom of the bully

Unfortunately, my son was bullying a kid on the bus at the beginning of this year. Not physical, but making fun. I found out when the mom called me and I was so happy she did. My DH and I have a zero tolerance policy for bullying (my dh was bullied as a kid) and we dealt with immediately and effectively and BH it is not an issue anymore

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 7:04 pm
Ask the bus teacher to keep your daughter in the front seat next to her till the problem gets resolved. She needs to feel safe!

groovy1224

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 7:06 pm
Ummm are they kidding??? They're 'trying' to take care of it?? This should be an immediate suspension from the bus. I would raise h@ll until this girl is suspended from the bus for at least a few days. That's absolutely demented, your poor daughter!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 7:06 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
Call the mom of the bully

Unfortunately, my son was bullying a kid on the bus at the beginning of this year. Not physical, but making fun. I found out when the mom called me and I was so happy she did. My DH and I have a zero tolerance policy for bullying (my dh was bullied as a kid) and we dealt with immediately and effectively and BH it is not an issue anymore

I respect that. You’re a great parent for acknowledging the issue and nipping it in the bud! However, we’re dealing with nursery aged kids here, not sure it’ll help having the mom involved. If they were even a little older I wouldn’t think for a second not to do this. Just not sure it’ll work in this case.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 7:16 pm
The bully must be put in the front seat alone. Period end of story. She’s not able to sit with anyone. And I’d demand this and tell the school anything less than that is unacceptable. I also know schools that have a two strikes and you are no longer allowed to ride the bus. Your child can’t be hurt period. This on them to prevent now

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 8:05 pm
My son was bullied on the bus last year, I asked tbe us teacher to seat him next to her on the bus. It was the only way my son agreed to go on the bus.
(Unfortunately, the parents ignored the schools warnings, they're the richies that do as they please. This is the same boy that pooped on the seat of the bus & the mom thought it's hysterical till the bus driver just passed their house without stopping for the kid.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers