Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Single carriage recommendations

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 7:44 pm
I'm due with my second soon. I am debating between the silver cross eclipse vs cybex balios s lux both in the 600-800 price range. The main things I am looking for is a spacious shopping basket, big back wheels, and a big seat for larger taller babies. I don't like my old uppababy its very clunky and heavy. Thx.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 8:29 pm
Wow. I d t mean to sound harsh, and insensitive. But that price is ridiculously high. Mamaleh there are cheaper ones that are also great and great quality. How about a city mini stroller. They are much stronger, has a basket underneath, you can even put a hover board stand for your older kids, and it folds easily for travel. You can get in many colors to choose from.
It’s up to you, just I’m trying to help you not break the wallet.

amother
Honey

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 8:35 pm
I don't own any of these strollers, but am also looking to replace my 10 year old uppababy.

I looked at both the Cybex and Silvercross (not sure which models). Silvercross is sleeker and less bulky, but smaller wheels. Cyber has bigger wheels and officially pushes better, but is chunkier. Someone who has a Silvercross told me that it isn't great on stairs, so that might be a factor for you.

Another stroller that looks similar-ish is the Joolz. You can look into that as well. I believe it's cheaper than the Cybex or Silvercross.

rlmfsw

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 9:01 pm
I have a Silver Cross Coast. I'm not sure about the model you specified but I'm very happy with it. It has quite a large shopping basket, is very sturdy, and holds my toddler nicely.
In general I've found their quality to be great.

bsy

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 9:06 pm
613mitzvahgirl wrote:
Wow. I d t mean to sound harsh, and insensitive. But that price is ridiculously high. Mamaleh there are cheaper ones that are also great and great quality. How about a city mini stroller. They are much stronger, has a basket underneath, you can even put a hover board stand for your older kids, and it folds easily for travel. You can get in many colors to choose from.
It’s up to you, just I’m trying to help you not break the wallet.

City mini has its pros. But basket isn't one of them... It's small and hard to deal with

amother
Quince

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 9:20 pm
If you are not folding it the bugaboo lynx is great! With a smaller stroller even though the basket and seat might be big the frame is smaller and harder to carry heavy stuff or kids and breaks easier.

amother
Iris

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 9:28 pm
Had the bugaboo chameleon from my oldest kid, ten years ago
Just got the bugaboo dragonfly for my newborn now, and I’m completely thrilled with it!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 10:05 pm
thx for the suggestions. I will look into these. I am a morah and push different types carriages. Yes, The citi mini basket is difficult to get to. It is also clunky and heavy. I need something light.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics