Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Bais Yaakov cookbook vanilla muffins

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 12:40 pm
Anyone else find they never ever work? My dd just worked so hard making them .... Followed exactly and they came out flat and drippy. Not at all like they should have. I bake all the time and have made cupcakes many many times, every time we attempt this recipe it doesn't work ...anyone else?

Ps. She insisted on making these I wanted her to use a different recipe I knew would work..

Sebastian

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 12:43 pm
They always worked for me

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 12:57 pm
Yes I have this with all yellow cake, except for pound cake.
I've tried every vanilla recipe out there made with oil.

Tzivia18

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 1:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
Anyone else find they never ever work? My dd just worked so hard making them .... Followed exactly and they came out flat and drippy. Not at all like they should have. I bake all the time and have made cupcakes many many times, every time we attempt this recipe it doesn't work ...anyone else?

Ps. She insisted on making these I wanted her to use a different recipe I knew would work..

So surprising.

It is my go-to never-fail cupcake recipe!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 1:03 pm
I've literally tried it a bunch of times and it has never very worked. I guess I'm doing something wrong ... Was just curious if it's only me. I always bake with oil I have never used margarine in my life so that's not it...I bake all the time.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 1:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
I've literally tried it a bunch of times and it has never very worked. I guess I'm doing something wrong ... Was just curious if it's only me. I always bake with oil I have never used margarine in my life so that's not it...I bake all the time.

It's not only you. It's plain vanilla cakes without a stabilizer like pudding mix or extra flour (pound cake).
Truth is it got worse 7 years ago when we got our new oven.
I also don't use marg ever but the vanilla cakes always fall and are semi gummy or hardened around the edges different than the chocolate cakes or even the ones that have other things extra.

lamplighter

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 1:13 pm
I have made hundreds of them over the years and they always come out perfect. It's my go to.
Maybe it's your oven?

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 1:22 pm
They're one of my go-to never fail recipes. I wonder if it's your oven? Sorry op, I'm not sure why it's failing for you. That's gotta be frustrating. My dd made a cupcake recipe the other week (different recipe) and they didn't rise properly in the oven. But they still tasted great and my kids polished them off even before they could be put away.
I love Miriam Pascal's something sweet cookbook for all things cake related. She has some great recipes for cupcakes and cakes. I also love the section at the back with all the different glazes and ganache type of toppings that can go on top as well.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 1:25 pm
I liked the taste a lot but mine fell flat. Don't know I'll make again.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 1:28 pm
amother Lime wrote:
It's not only you. It's plain vanilla cakes without a stabilizer like pudding mix or extra flour (pound cake).
Truth is it got worse 7 years ago when we got our new oven.
I also don't use marg ever but the vanilla cakes always fall and are semi gummy or hardened around the edges different than the chocolate cakes or even the ones that have other things extra.

It's not the oven as I just got a new oven three months ago but happened with both my old ovens. Truth is I usually avoid that recipe since it NEVER works but dd was insisting she bake that one. I bake vanilla cakes and muffins all the time and only have this happen with this particular recipe. Was just wondering if it was only me but I guess I will continue to not make it.

Last time dd made it it also flunked. I felt bad and remade the cupcakes later with a different recipe so she wouldn't throw her hard work was for nothing but this time it's during the day. Lol

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 1:50 pm
They never failed for me
But if they do, try the basic 1234 white cake
1 cup oil
2 cup sugar
3 cups flour
4 eggs
The add 1 cup liquid (water, juice, milk, almond milk)
And
1 Tbsp baking powder
And some vanilla
No kuntz to this one

Oak

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 2:02 pm
I find I need to mix the first few ingredients for 10 minutes. No less. Otherwise it's not fluffy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics