Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Questions about your profession and salary
  Previous  1  2  3  4 9  10  11  Next

amother
Oleander

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 6:37 pm
amother Hibiscus wrote:
CAN YOU PLEASE POST IF ITS NET OR GROSS INCOME??

No need to shout but the default is gross. Had the question be what is your take home that would be net, but the question is salary

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:27 pm
I’m an SLP in private practice. See clients 16 hrs a week. But end up with more unpaid work. About 125-130k. However, I also run a business and make about $200k with that.

amother
White

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:33 pm
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
I’m an SLP in private practice. See clients 16 hrs a week. But end up with more unpaid work. About 125-130k. However, I also run a business and make about $200k with that.

That’s incredible I didn’t realize you could make that much from speech.

amother
White

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:35 pm
amother Stone wrote:
Licensed mental health therapist. Working at a clinic with a decade of experience (I graduated over a decade ago). I have a specialty too. I make 65k with no benefits besides PTO. Full time, about 40 hours a week. That is with my recent raise.
And people wonder why no one stays in clinics very long. I should go private but due to family issues I need the steady income right now. Insurances pay nothing.

It’s unfortunately true, I know someone who went on welfare because of it.

amother
White

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:36 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
Nurse in NYC 100k. 13 shifts a month. Also get plenty pto, benefits. It’s a crazy job but I love it

Yes, nursing the job I regret not going into

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:37 pm

Is it a service based business?

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:38 pm
amother Hibiscus wrote:
I work as a bookkeeper 20 hours a week super flexible 50K after taxes

What type of company pays that rate for a part time bookkeeper? I do accounting for a little more hours than that and get paid the same amount.

amother
White

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:40 pm
Don’t go into pharmacy. You’re throwing your money and time down the drain according to users here. Do nursing or speech instead. It can possibly be shorter and you make much more.

amother
Iris

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:41 pm
amother White wrote:
That’s incredible I didn’t realize you could make that much from speech.

16 hours at $200/session + accounting for taking off yomim tovim etc gets you that.

amother
White

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:43 pm
amother Iris wrote:
16 hours at $200/session + accounting for taking off yomim tovim etc gets you that.

Insurance pays? How long were you in college for? Making me rethink my career plans…

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:45 pm
Graphic designer. I earn 200-300k I depending on the year, but this is with over a decade of experience and you need to be really good at design to earn this much.

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:46 pm

As a fellow SLP wow that's great ! Do you have a specialty? I have so many questions 😊

amother
White

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:48 pm
amother PlumPink wrote:
As a fellow SLP wow that's great ! Do you have a specialty? I have so many questions 😊

I’m also surprised. Do speech therapists rake in all that money? Now I know what to suggest my daughter goes into and to stay far away from pharmacy.

amother
Anemone

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:58 pm
amother White wrote:
I’m also surprised. Do speech therapists rake in all that money? Now I know what to suggest my daughter goes into and to stay far away from pharmacy.

She said she does private. Which usually means no insurance… I’ve paid $150 for an OT for my child when I was paying private.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 8:07 pm
bottom line I see from here every job has its perks. there is no have it all..

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 8:08 pm
About 43k copywriting part time.I used to work full time and made twice as much but no longer realistic with a husband working long hours.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 8:11 pm
Licenced social worker in private practice part time 80k

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 8:13 pm
amother Poinsettia wrote:
Director of Human Resource. About 90k with benefits. I work about 25 hours a week but am on call whenever anything comes up.

Do you think there is potential in HR to make more? How do you get to that level?

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 8:15 pm
Slp around 50k.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 8:17 pm
Retail job $34 an hour
Is that good?
Page 3 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  4 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics