Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How to clean baby girl from poop

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 6:22 am
In the hospital the nurses told me not to wipe inside the outer labia but poop goes inside so how do I get it out? I asked my pediatrician who said soak in the bath but I said that doesn't always work (even after long baths I check and there's poop inside) so he said it's ok to do a broad wipe from front to back inside the labia. This doesn't always get it all and I find myself trying to wipe poop out from right near the v@ginal opening which makes me nervous. Is there a better way?

amother
Grape

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 6:24 am
I wipe with a wipe. Gently as to not get anything inside the hole.

I use scentless wipes though. I wouldn’t use scented wipes so close to their holes

amother
Lightgreen

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 6:44 am
I just wipe all out.
You can also rinse her off under a tap, just the bottom.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 6:45 am
Of course I wipe inside the outer labia. Leaving stool there will give her a UTI. Make sure she is nice and clean.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 7:33 am
I got confused when I read someone's post that they never saw their baby's v@gina but I see it when I clean her from poop so I thought I'm doing something wrong. There's sometimes poop right next to it so how can someone never look there?

amother
Latte

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 7:45 am
amother OP wrote:
I got confused when I read someone's post that they never saw their baby's v@gina but I see it when I clean her from poop so I thought I'm doing something wrong. There's sometimes poop right next to it so how can someone never look there?

No idea how that can be possible. Just wipe it very gently.

amother
Sage

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 7:48 am
My pediatrician specifically told me to gently open it every so often to make sure labial adhesions are not forming. Not poop related, but relevant to seeing the private part@.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 7:51 am
It could be you misunderstood your nurses because you definitely need to wipe it out. It can cause a UTI otherwise.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics