Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Do u iron your sheets?
Previous  1  2

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 1:39 pm
Of all the household cleaning chores, ironing is my least favorite! I would do anything I can so I don't have to take out my iron and ironing board. So your answer is, NO I don't iron my sheets. Often they look bad and wrinkled but then I put a blanket on top when I make the bed. And then as soon as you sleep on it for one night it's not wrinkly anymore 8)

goodheart

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 1:44 pm
I iron everything it gives a diffrent look
I also have a set of linen that needs ironing
everytime but it really feels nice and soft
so its worth the iron.

BusyBeeMommy

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 1:49 pm
Why bother ironing ANYTHING if it will just wrinkle the first time u wear it/use it?

I appreciate the wrinkled look. It saves me a lo of time Thumbs Up

Starhavah

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 1:53 pm
Iron sheets?! Are you nuts?! I don't have time for the normal house work, I am not adding in crazy things. I told DH before the wedding, I am not a balabusta. I love to cook and the kitchen is always clean but other than that...

SuperMama maybe my screen name should be: just barely clean house. embarrassed

Star Havah

Tehilla

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 1:53 pm
iron sheets? no way.

greenfire

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 2:33 pm
amother wrote:
mandksima wrote:

If nothing else works, there are certain exercises you can do to straighten them out once they are on the bed. Twisted Evil

Yea, but then you just have to wash them again... Rolling Eyes

shock hm - I wonder Nervous

GAMZu

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 2:55 pm
100% cotton doesn't wrinkle if it's a knit/jersey material. Only if it's woven. And it smooths out right away when you stretch it over the mattress, and even more when you sleep on it, like manhattanmom said. Smile

yunggrama

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 7:36 pm
if I iron the duvet and pillow case I iron the sheet too. I love to have startched linen on the beds .

yunggrama

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 7:36 pm
if I iron the duvet and pillow case I iron the sheet too. I love to have startched linen on the beds .

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 7:45 pm
I laughed when I saw this thread, my answer would be a definitive NO! I have enough time keeping up with everything else, I can't see ironing sheets. I think a better question would be how many of the AMOTHERS iron their sheets and not their cleaning ladies. But that's another topic.

As for 100%cotton vs. other, I didn't even know they sold sheets that weren't 100%cotton. Interesting. We of course only buy 100% cotton and either put them right on the bed or fold them immediately. My sheets are not wrinkled, but then I guess I never really thought about it.

Dh's grandmother used to iron her dh's underwear. One other thing I don't do...

yo'ma

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 8:26 pm
GAMZu wrote:
100% cotton doesn't wrinkle if it's a knit/jersey material. Only if it's woven. And it smooths out right away when you stretch it over the mattress, and even more when you sleep on it, like manhattanmom said. Smile

Because then it's usually not 100%, it has some sort of lycra.

mama-star

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 8:34 pm
Quote:
I think a better question would be how many of the AMOTHERS iron their sheets and not their cleaning ladies.

I will state for the record that I have never ironed my cleaning lady. Very Happy in fact, I never iron anything. if something needs "de-wrinkling" I throw it into the dryer for 15 mins with a wet hand towel. this is affectionately known as "southern ironing." 8)

GAMZu

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 8:39 pm
yo'ma wrote:
GAMZu wrote:

Because then it's usually not 100%, it has some sort of lycra.

I don't know about linens, but clothes- yes, the ones that are 100% cotton JERSEY do not wrinkle. Actually, I do know about linens- my kids have knit sheets that are 100% cotton that don't wrinkle at all. As soon as they are stretched out on the bed, they are smooth as ice.

BusyBeeMommy

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 8:58 pm
mama-star, thanx for ur tip, it will definitely come in handy.

I believe in using the time of ironing sheets to spend w/ my DH and DD instead.

mama-star

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 9:24 pm
you're welcome! I've been doing it for years and it really works!

mimivan

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 9:28 pm
Iron sheets?
I'm not that kind of girl..

bebe3

Post Fri, Aug 15 2008, 1:35 am
mama-star wrote:
Quote:
I think a better question would be how many of the AMOTHERS iron their sheets and not their cleaning ladies.

I will state for the record that I have never ironed my cleaning lady. Very Happy in fact, I never iron anything. if something needs "de-wrinkling" I throw it into the dryer for 15 mins with a wet hand towel. this is affectionately known as "southern ironing." 8)

Thank you so much for this post. This is probably one of the best pieces of advice I have ever read.
truth be told I never realized why my sheets came out so wrinkled embarrassed but I just throw a nice blanket on top and voila! beautiful bed. Now my husbands shabbos shirts, well I'll have to do this wet towel trick.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Fri, Aug 15 2008, 1:59 am
what's the point in ironing sheets? I don't do it. better things to do.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry