Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
I'm failing

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 6:16 pm
My special needs child has taken over my life and now I'm failing him and also everyone else. He came home from school today with an emergency and while I went to take care of him my DD starts yelling at me that just because he has bigger problems I never help her.

My son tells me all day how he doesn't love me and yet I still need to keep doing and doing and now this is what I get.

I locked myself in my room and crying and everyone can put themselves to bed tonight while I throw myself a pity party. Thanks for coming.

amother
Impatiens

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 6:31 pm
I wish I was there to give you some of my secret chocolate stash 💕 you deserve it!!!!

amother
Bellflower

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 6:31 pm
So sorry. I can join the party as a full fledged member. We get thrown things that are just not doable. And even if they are, we have to get them right. And so many people seem to. But sometimes we just don't. Really high stakes, and there we are.

My version of emunah sometimes is : "You handed me this. You made me not perfect. You set up what resources I do and don't have. You are part of the parenting deal. I did what I could. Now You go." And then go to bed. But I still fall apart. Until I go numb, which is worse.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 9:03 pm
Now he's crying because in the process of kicking me he hurt his foot Can't Believe It

This is my life

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 9:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
Now he's crying because in the process of kicking me he hurt his foot Can't Believe It

This is my life

loll story of my life...I thought it was only mine. he manages to blame me for EVERYTHING!

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 9:57 pm
I'm in this club. You are my people.

Group hug, everyone!

Both my twins have special needs and the "higher functioning" of the two gets jealous of all the attention her brother gets because he's more needy at this time (even though she just had her third surgery-- a major one---- and acts out. Acting out for attention at age 2-4 is kind of cute. She turns 17 tomorrow. My life is run by how aggressive he can be at any given moment and how she reacts to our therapy appointments and meetings with the board of dd about his aggression.

Those of you with kiddos with intense special needs are welcome to private message me--- if you're on facebook we can be friends there and commisserate if you'd like. I spend more time there than here. Happy to tell you my real life name--- I don't hide much here---- if I do need to hide something I go anon.

hodeez

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:09 pm
Wow you guys are incredible Hashem should give you continued kochot and nachat from the children in whom you invest so much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)