Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How to calm down my anxious child?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 12:03 am
My oldest is 3 and I noticed recently how she is a very anxious child. I am looking for tips and advice how I can be a better parent to her and calm her down when she does get anxious.

Some examples that happened this week.

This morning my car didn't start. She started crying and begging me to come inside. When I asked her why she was scared she told me she dosent want the tow truck to take her car. And she went on asking me why it broke and is it because we drive it to much.

She had a few cavities that needed to be filled. After the appointment I told her candy isn't good and can make her teeth sticky and can make more holes. Since then she asks me before she eats any candy if it's a sticky candy and will it make holes. When I tell her it will she gives me the candy to put away in the cabinet.

Her morah also told me that whenever they come in from playing outside she stands in the back making sure all the kids come in as if she's nervous someone is going to be left outside.

I used to belive the way to parent children is by explaining full things to them but now I am thinking I might be telling her to much and it's just feeding into her anxious personality.

amother
Azalea

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 2:08 am
amother OP wrote:
I used to belive the way to parent children is by explaining full things to them

Can you explain what you mean by this?

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 2:45 am
I think your insight might be correct. Maybe ease up on all that telling and explaining.

Sometimes it can be hard to remember that the oldest is still very little. Because the younger ones are even more immature. That can make the older one look wise and large by contrast.

Just lots of hugs and cuddles.

Some day she will be a very responsible woman, it sounds.

But for now, let her know she doesn't have to make things all right.

amother
Leaf

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 4:49 am
There was literally just another thread like this today so I'll copy and paste my answer. In addition, I would check for chronic strep.

I would do lots of magnesium. Lotion, soaks, drops in his water.
Some craniosacral therapy.
Maybe some of the bioray kids line like calm and happy.
Address any mouth issues if there are -- mouth breathing, bite issues, large tonsils or adenoids, tongue ties, crowding.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics