Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Early morning appt by Dr shanik

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 5:59 am
How do I get the earliest appointment? Call at 730 when they open, or I had to have called last night? How does it work? Tia

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 6:03 am
Call now and talk to the answering service

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 6:12 am
Thanks, they just told me they have no access to appointments and I need to call when they open 🙄 I begged for first appt of the morning and she again said she has no access

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 6:26 am
If you speak to the questions desk and explain why you feel like it’s necessary for Shanik the see your child, they will ask shanik if they can put you in for an apt in advance and get back to you. I’ve got 7am apt this way a few days before.
Otherwise it’s totally impossible to get shanik but you are welcome to try.
I’ve heard people go down to the office at 7:30 and make an apt in person (for later on that day). I’ve never done it tho so I’m not sure it worked.
Refuah shelaima!

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 7:04 am
amother Latte wrote:
Call now and talk to the answering service

Generally speaking- the answering service/on call line at doctors offices is the doctors/providers answering calls from home while they are living their lives. They are not for scheduling appointments.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 7:11 am
amother Ruby wrote:
Generally speaking- the answering service/on call line at doctors offices is the doctors/providers answering calls from home while they are living their lives. They are not for scheduling appointments.

I know years ago that’s how the office told you to schedule the first appointment of the day. If I called at night before they closed, they’d tell me to call back after they close and the answering service will give me the first appt of the morning, because they could only schedule sick visits for that day. I just haven’t done that in years, which is why I asked here, but I guess things changed. When I called before, I apologized for bothering her afterwards, and she said no bother at all.

Also, the machine says if you’re calling to schedule a sick visit or have a question for the Dr that can’t wait till morning, stay on the line. I guess they should update that though

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 9:07 am
amother Ruby wrote:

No, it isn't!! There is an answering service who gives the message over to the doctor. If its something urgent that needs to be answered off hours, the doctor on call will return the phone call. For heaven sake, of course they aren't personally answering their phones at all hours!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 9:21 am
amother Pistachio wrote:

Otherwise it’s totally impossible to get shanik but you are welcome to try. !

Ty. I called at 730 on the dot and got shanik. Not the first appt, which I would’ve loved, but they asked if I want shanik or a diff dr at 9:30. I chose shanik. I don’t necessarily need him now, but they gave me the choice. But yes, I did what you mentioned years ago when my son needed a surgery, called the questions desk and asked if shanik can look at it too and they told me to come in at 7. But I’d do that for major things like surgery, not for this! Thanks to everyone who answered me!

mrsnistar

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 11:19 am
Side point: can everyone stop calling him "Shanik"? How about "Dr. Shanik"? He should get more respect than a bochur in yeshiva who's just called by their last name...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries